The Official For Sale at FliteFest 2016 Thread

rcbif

I don't know if this is a possible request, but I need a low-pass filter for a 1.2ghz FPV system. They are on eBay but they won't make it here before I leave for FliteFest. Is there maybe somewhere I can ship to to get it in time? Without it I won't be able to fly FPV without taking out peoples control.

Does anyone have one that I can buy from them or borrow at FF?

I have one I never used from rmrc I believe. I'll do $10 for it.

I will have FOR SALE from readymaderc a 1.3 vtx, vrx, and patch antenna for $60. Works great, just going to 5.8 stuff.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
So what do I hope to send off to a good new home ("good" is determined via a bribe, naturally ;) )

[Sold, pending funds] First off we have a DL50:
DSC03176.JPG

A Mountain Models kit built out to a nice little DLG. 50" span (1270mm), 2 channel (rudder/elevator), ambidextrous pegs, BNF and can fly for days off an included 1s 1200mAh pack (driving a voltage booster to 5v). She's not a contest ship, but is a good launch trainer and a fun bird to fly.

Next we have an Eluminator retrofitted with RGB LEDs.
DSC03197.JPG
Lights in motion:

A good night wing, looks great in the air and will fly happy with a 3S 1300mAh pack. PNF.

Next, a cute little 250 tri:
DSC03185.JPG
DSC03189.JPG

G-10 frame, FT pack-E electronics, tough tilt with an MG90D servo, Mini Naze board, BNF Sat, Full FPV gear with 32 ch 600mW VTX. Folds down nice.

She'll need a hot 3S 1300mAh (probably would fly really nice on 4s with a shorter prop).

And here we have last year's beater (I call him Jimmy):
DSC03196.JPG

Good 1806 motors with SimonK flashed ESCs, Flip32 board (naze32 rev4 clone), BNF Sat, Full FPV with 32ch 200mW VTX and tilt gimbal to hold horizon in view. Mechanical artificial horizon gives instant feedback of attitude. Dihedral arms on a nylon glass-filled frame, neigh on unbreakable, unlike the cheaper nylon frames with a similar shape.

Jimmy is well loved, but still a solid racing frame.

And finally, a one-or-the-other
DSC03181.JPG

This is the Under-250 build -- a 160 Diatone Grasshopper with RCX 1407 motors and Littlebee 20A ESCs for a 5:1 thrust to weight on 3S . . . and she's capable of 4S :)

with either a 3S 850mAh or 2S 1000mAh, they come in under 240g, and fly VERY well with either.

The dirty one on the right (carrying Stewart) follows the under-250 build and has been my beater quad so far for the season. good nimble quad that can thread the tiniest of needles. many crashes (including a direct hit on a metal pole) and shrugged them all off. BNF, and outfitted for FPV.

. . . or . . .

The clean one on the left has been souped up a bit with a XSR receiver and SPF3 deluxe board, with S.bus and telemetry wired. VTX has also been updated a bit with an ET200 (not a big improvement, but a slightly better VTX). Never crashed. Barely been flown more than what is needed to tune.

Don't care who claims which . . . the bargain hunter who doesn't mind a few roughed up edges, or the racer looking for a nice sub 200 quad, ready to bind. whichever is left is what I will fly.

All the multorotors are updated to Cleanflight 1.13, with Airmode on one end of the Aux, and Horizon on the other.

Last edited:

quadsview

So what do I hope to send off to a good new home ("good" is determined via a bribe, naturally ;) )

First off we have a DL50:
View attachment 71823

A Mountain Models kit built out to a nice little DLG. 50" span (1270mm), 2 channel (rudder/elevator), ambidextrous pegs, BNF and can fly for days off an included 1s 1200mAh pack (driving a voltage booster to 5v). She's not a contest ship, but is a good launch trainer and a fun bird to fly.

View attachment 71828
Lights in motion:

A good night wing, looks great in the air and will fly happy with a 3S 1300mAh pack. PNF.

View attachment 71825
View attachment 71826

G-10 frame, FT pack-E electronics, tough tilt with an MG90D servo, Mini Naze board, BNF Sat, Full FPV gear with 32 ch 600mW VTX. Folds down nice.

She'll need a hot 3S 1300mAh (probably would fly really nice on 4s with a shorter prop).

View attachment 71827

Good 1806 motors with SimonK flashed ESCs, Flip32 board (naze32 rev4 clone), BNF Sat, Full FPV with 32ch 200mW VTX and tilt gimbal to hold horizon in view. Mechanical artificial horizon gives instant feedback of attitude. Dihedral arms on a nylon glass-filled frame, neigh on unbreakable, unlike the cheaper nylon frames with a similar shape.

View attachment 71824

This is the Under-250 build -- a 160 Diatone Grasshopper with RCX 1407 motors and Littlebee 20A ESCs for a 5:1 thrust to weight on 3S . . . and she's capable of 4S :)

with either a 3S 850mAh or 2S 1000mAh, they come in under 240g, and fly VERY well with either.

The dirty one on the right (carrying Stewart) follows the under-250 build and has been my beater quad so far for the season. good nimble quad that can thread the tiniest of needles. many crashes (including a direct hit on a metal pole) and shrugged them all off. BNF, and outfitted for FPV.

. . . or . . .

The clean one on the left has been souped up a bit with a XSR receiver and SPF3 deluxe board, with S.bus and telemetry wired. VTX has also been updated a bit with an ET200 (not a big improvement, but a slightly better VTX). Never crashed. Barely been flown more than what is needed to tune.

Don't care who claims which . . . the bargain hunter who doesn't mind a few roughed up edges, or the racer looking for a nice sub 200 quad, ready to bind. whichever is left is what I will fly.

All the multorotors are updated to Cleanflight 1.13, with Airmode on one end of the Aux, and Horizon on the other.

I might be interested in some of your stuff. How should I contact you.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
PM works before FTFF, otherwise...I'll be there from Wednesday to Sunday...somewhere ;)

quadsview

PM works before FTFF, otherwise...I'll be there from Wednesday to Sunday...somewhere ;)

Ok, I'll also be there from Wednesday to Sunday so we can find each other sometime. I am volunteering in the build tent so you can probably find me in there.

Austin:)

shermanhartman

Balsa Splinter Generator
$150 OBO.

Selling for my dad. Brand new condition. Never flown. Has been settup for flight, but it never happened.

Includes:
-RTF package (original battery is bad and will not be included)
-2 main rotor blade sets
-2 tail blade sets
-training gear

I will include a 1000mah 3s if asking price is paid.

z9JV0Oj.jpg

HZqQtgR.jpg

dm4M773.jpg

mJWzd67.jpg

oRVtzjK.jpg

MtGNFew.jpg

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
New in box

Avios Yak (camo) $100
Avios Riff Raff $100

Check the HobbyKing site for details

This is what I have in them. My home field is grass and they are not the best on grass. I have the Avios SeaFury and hoping I can find a suitable landing site to take it up again. So if you have a smooth landing strip they are awesome looking planes.

I will only bring them along if a strong interest or I end up with room to bring them.

I also have 6s (2600?) nanotech battery that I can let go for $30 that I got for the Riff Raff

Aaron

7/13 10pm brought the Yak only!!!

Last edited:

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor

View attachment 71823

What kind of price are you thinking for the Mountain Models DLG?

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
That DLG interests me. PM sent

View attachment 71823

View attachment 71828
Lights in motion:

View attachment 71825
View attachment 71826

View attachment 71827

View attachment 71824

. . . or . . .

FAI-F1D

Free Flight Indoorist
For what it's worth, I flew Dan's DL50 the other night. It met with my approval. Reasonable launch height, great glide, and very forgiving. It's also nicely sized for good portability. Signals lift decently, too, and handles tight thermal turns nicely.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
For what it's worth, I flew Dan's DL50 the other night. It met with my approval. Reasonable launch height, great glide, and very forgiving. It's also nicely sized for good portability. Signals lift decently, too, and handles tight thermal turns nicely.

Yeah!

0150r

Does anyone have any FVT Littlebee 20a ESCs for sale? I ripped the solder pad off my last one. I overnighted 2 replacements, but they are the pro version and I have the non-pro's.

EDIT: Located ESCs, will be installing at FF16 :D

Last edited:

ScottyWarpNine

Mostly Harmless
I will have a few older glow powered balsa models for sale. Complete with 72Mhz radio systems!

-Carl Goldberg Eagle 2 with a Royal 45 engine and a Futaba Conquest system (RTF)

-What I believe is an AMCO H-Ray with an OS MAX 25 and a cool old KGL radio system (looks sorta like Kraft, made in North Canton OH)

-Carl Goldberg Sophisticated Lady including removable power pod with Cox .049 engine and Futaba Attack system (RTF)

-DynaFlite Wanderer with electric motor on nose with folding prop (PNF)

-Sig quarter scale cub (electric) (PNF)

All my stuff is for sale for the right price :D

Duggem

Live like no one else...
A Last-Minute Post: UMX Icon A5, Futaba Transmitters

Hi guys.

I thought I'd make my pre-FF evening even more hectic by cleaning out the hobby room. I'll definitely bring items that generate interest along but others will be hit-or-miss. All are for delivery at at FliteFest only.

UMX Icon A5

Purchased as defective on eBay. Replaced the receiver and flew a few batteries through. I don't fly off water often enough to justify owning this plane. Includes stock charger but no battery.

$80 or will consider trade for other UMX.

IMG_20160712_213030665_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160712_213118811_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160712_213139859.jpg

IMG_20160712_213213745_HDR.jpg

Futaba 9C Super

Purchased used as an upgrade to my 8U but decided to transition to FrSky instead.

Very clean and does not have much of the gold surface bubbling that this radio often exhibits. Includes CAMPAC, battery, 72MHz RF module, Receiver, Tx stand, and manual. Battery is of unknown age but seems to hold a charge well enough.

$80 or consider trade for ??

IMG_20160712_214714329.jpg

IMG_20160712_214722757.jpg

IMG_20160712_214744200.jpg

IMG_20160712_214815120.jpg

IMG_20160712_215005346.jpg

IMG_20160712_215246844.jpg

Futaba 8U Super

Purchased used. Not as clean as it could be: blob of glue on edge of display, some bubbling of silver coating. Includes 3rd-party CAMPAC. No battery, RF module, or receiver included.

$50 OBO / trade ??.

IMG_20160712_213912587_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160712_213954010.jpg

IMG_20160712_214637811.jpg

Futaba FG 6-channel Frankenmitter

I converted this to DSMX-compatible using a HK DIY module. Ok. I did it, proved it could be done, and now I'm over it. Battery holds charge. Conversion disabled output meter signal.

$35

IMG_20160712_213426683.jpg

2x Futaba Tx / Rx

No batteries. Free to good homes.

IMG_20160712_213801910_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160712_213807997_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

josh yoder

9xr pro

I have a turnigy 9xr pro transmitter with a hobby king diy dsmx module. It's almost new. I'm only selling it because the user interface is so horrible. If you enjoy tearing out your hair while searching forums this is the perfect transmitter for you! Asking $75

ScottyWarpNine

Mostly Harmless
Futaba FG 6-channel Frankenmitter

I converted this to DSMX-compatible using a HK DIY module. Ok. I did it, proved it could be done, and now I'm over it. Battery holds charge. Conversion disabled output meter signal.

$35

That Frankenmitter is super cool! I may be interested, I'll try to find you at FF

Duggem

Live like no one else...
Sounds good. I brought the Icon and the FG along.

We're staying in Carrollton but I will bring them to the field too.

Doug

Velodrom

I have a turnigy 9xr pro transmitter with a hobby king diy dsmx module. It's almost new. I'm only selling it because the user interface is so horrible. If you enjoy tearing out your hair while searching forums this is the perfect transmitter for you! Asking $75

Hello Josh,

Is the Turnigy 9XR pro still up for sale? I'm looking to buy a radio for Flite Fest since I came here empty handed! I will be attending the 3:00 PM session "Working with fiberglass" on Friday (tomorrow), so come and pull my blue sleeve if you're still in the mood for selling your radio. I will be wearing an electric blue blouse with khaki shorts.