The Plane of Colorex

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
And this:

Turnigy Servo Tester

Perfect for testing and centering servos without having to connect them to a RX.

Servodriver.jpg

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
OK, Kinfe, I already have:

IMG_1292.jpg

And the servo tester, it's cool to have, but I'll get that later. It's not that important for a beginner (IMO, IDK)

PaulT

Mentor
Personally these items are a must in my flying
Charging safety
lpguard1822.jpg
Checks everything in the field and balances batteries and good for your future builds and mods.
HK-010.jpg

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Check on the LiPo safe bag, the watt meter might be a luxury for me right now.
Check on the knife too:

IMG_1138.jpg

I'm thinking an ESC programmer, don't know which for my Turnigy Basic 25A. Anyone?

Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Here's the cart:

OK GT-BMON6 - Battery Monitor 2-6S (SWARM52575352) $1.84
OK CA460-20GFC - Evotite CA460 Foam Safe Super Glue (Medi.. (SWARM52308733) $3.78
OK T-Neckstrap - TURNIGY Transmitter Strap (SWARM52657002) $0.73
OK HXT900 - HXT900 9g / 1.6kg / .12sec Micro Servo $10.76
OK TR52DV-NM - Turnigy highrate 30FPS Ultra-small Digit.. $17.65
OK LPGUARD18x22 - Lithium Polymer Charge Pack 18x22cm Sack $1.99

Total: $36.75

Just 500 gr! Though I won't get any extras in my box...

Any more suggestions? I'll order/pay in about two hours.

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
A servo tester is also something i cant be without but i fell for this one :
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=11780
T
here are some features:
Mode 1 - normal tester to determine rotation direction of el. motors etc.
Mode 2 - put servo in center position before mounting the servo arm.
Mode 3 - runs ther servo between endpoints automatically - good for testing new servos for some hundred throws but best for exersizing the old used forgotten servos before eventually using them or throwing them in the garbage.
This tester accepts up to 4 servos simultaneously.

I also have a really cheap < 2 dollar tester for up to 3 servos /esc without any features but easy to get the servo manually centered. This tester is no longer found at HK but can still be found - was wrong http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=486&productname= 5 dollars inclusive shipping.

General tools, knifes and glue are normally cheaper in a local "dollar store" or outlet if you are including the shipping cost.

I have a programming card but i hardly ever use it - only if i by accident have "programmed" someting with my TX without knowing about it. In rare occasions you will need to program brake och timing but then it is possible to do it with the TX.

Last edited:

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Man- I REALLY hate to disagree with pgerts, he's such a nice guy.
But I have a programming card and I use it all the time.
I'm so ADD that I lose track of the beeps whenever I try to program an ESC with the beeps ;)
With our flying wings it is desirable to set the brake, I also prefer to set the LVC to the highest setting.
We fly lots of combat so it is not uncommon to fly the pack all the way to LVC.

The Turnigy programming card works on every ESC I have save one.
It even works on the HobbyPartz Volcano Series and the Dynam ESCs that I got from HobbyPartz.
Indespensible - NO
Handy- YES

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
pgerts and JPN,

I know that a servo tester is useful, but it is not absolutely necessary to get flying, it might make it simpler to test servos, but, the Rx can be used too. Same for the programming card, it's not a must to get flying, as you can use the Tx to program the card.

Thanks anyways for your suggestions.

Jeffrey Saelee

Airplane Dope
pgerts and JPN,

I know that a servo tester is useful, but it is not absolutely necessary to get flying, it might make it simpler to test servos, but, the Rx can be used too.
+1....All you need is a TX, RX, ESC/(U)BEC, Battery, and of course, servo....which you pretty much already have

Same for the programming card, it's not a must to get flying, as you can use the Tx to program the card.