The Second Part of my Journey - The Diary

mayan

Legendary member
One of those errrr moments at the field today. On the way to the field I broke the elevator connection to the fuselage so had to do some fixing the moment I arrived. Ok the repair was simple and took no time because I turned on the hot glue gun on the way that way I didn’t have to wait :). Then when I launched the plane I realized that the elevator servo died and the plane, you know what that means, right? The plane has only one way to go which is down :(. The damage even though I was low was to much to fix at the field. I only brought that plane along because the time of day would only allow for a few batteries before it became dark. Having nothing else to fly I wrapped up and went home. The damage is repairable so I will try to fix that later this evening.

Arcfyre

Elite member
One of those errrr moments at the field today. On the way to the field I broke the elevator connection to the fuselage so had to do some fixing the moment I arrived. Ok the repair was simple and took no time because I turned on the hot glue gun on the way that way I didn’t have to wait :). Then when I launched the plane I realized that the elevator servo died and the plane, you know what that means, right? The plane has only one way to go which is down :(. The damage even though I was low was to much to fix at the field. I only brought that plane along because the time of day would only allow for a few batteries before it became dark. Having nothing else to fly I wrapped up and went home. The damage is repairable so I will try to fix that later this evening.

Sucks, but it happens. Once when I was a rookie I drove all the way to the field and realized I had forgotten the rubber bands to hold the airplane together... Didn't I feel like a ding dong.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Oh no, I hate that kind of day!! :mad:

mayan

Legendary member
Alright folks this is going to be a short sum up post of my latest experience with the FT Simple Scout, and will conclude a series of videos that I recently posted on my channel featuring it. It's not the first time I built this model and had a good time with it, it's just that I forgot how fun of a model it was to fly. It's a fun aerobatic plane that, can fly both slow and fast and still stay mavuerable. It's take offs and landings are just so genetle that it's great for practicing that too. On my last outing with it in the park I even managed to prop hang it and hover it for a bit (no video:(). Ok I said short, because I am still considering making a video review of it, in the mean time you can enjoy my showing off it's ability to the family.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Alright folks this is going to be a short sum up post of my latest experience with the FT Simple Scout, and will conclude a series of videos that I recently posted on my channel featuring it. It's not the first time I built this model and had a good time with it, it's just that I forgot how fun of a model it was to fly. It's a fun aerobatic plane that, can fly both slow and fast and still stay mavuerable. It's take offs and landings are just so genetle that it's great for practicing that too. On my last outing with it in the park I even managed to prop hang it and hover it for a bit (no video:(). Ok I said short, because I am still considering making a video review of it, in the mean time you can enjoy my showing off it's ability to the family.

Great flying buddy!

mayan

Legendary member
A short update here. First I recently posted a video of me flying the FT Bloody Baron for 15mins with @BATTLEAXE, @FoamyDM, and @Zetoyoc that was a great day at the field, once again very thankful to you guys I needed company that day. Here is the video for those who might have missed it.

Second I’ve recently wanted to get back to designing planes. First I would like to put some attention to finishing and fine tuning the DGA-6 and then choose a new model. The thing is I have to many planes and zero electronics, so from today I am starting to put my flying skills to a test to free up some electronics :). Stay tuned to some crazy videos to come in the future.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
A short update here. First I recently posted a video of me flying the FT Bloody Baron for 15mins with @BATTLEAXE, @FoamyDM, and @Zetoyoc that was a great day at the field, once again very thankful to you guys I needed company that day. Here is the video for those who might have missed it.

Second I’ve recently wanted to get back to designing planes. First I would like to put some attention to finishing and fine tuning the DGA-6 and then choose a new model. The thing is I have to many planes and zero electronics, so from today I am starting to put my flying skills to a test to free up some electronics :). Stay tuned to some crazy videos to come in the future.
@Grifflyer has the needle cutter parts in the mail coming to me, so hopefully I can get all the kinks worked out and a DGA-6 built soon!

mayan

Legendary member
I did it! I too have now officially folded the wings of the FT Explorer. I didn’t only fold the wings I actually broke them in 3 different places 😂🤣😂🤣. I would have cried because I just recently rebuilt it the fuselage and nose, but since I managed to land it with only minimal damage to everything but the wing I was actually pleased. Here are some pictures of the damage.

D99474B5-8390-455D-B349-B7893F42ABD3.jpeg
57C7D1AB-1D64-4E69-8127-C9BAE6CD4711.jpeg
40CB4F09-CC0E-422F-9EE2-3538C61651FB.jpeg

I’ll rebuild it at some point but first I have a tip @FoamyDM recommended I must try on my Simple Soarer to see if I get a better flying experience :).

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I did it! I too have now officially folded the wings of the FT Explorer. I didn’t only fold the wings I actually broke them in 3 different places 😂🤣😂🤣. I would have cried because I just recently rebuilt it the fuselage and nose, but since I managed to land it with only minimal damage to everything but the wing I was actually pleased. Here are some pictures of the damage.

View attachment 178057 View attachment 178059 View attachment 178060

I’ll rebuild it at some point but first I have a tip @FoamyDM recommended I must try on my Simple Soarer to see if I get a better flying experience :).

I actually felt good when I broke the wings on my FT-3D since it meant I was flying it so hard! :ROFLMAO: Congrats on getting it back down in one piece though! I never put enough flight time on my explorer to break the wings before I gave it away. Seeing all you guys hanging out makes me want to join sometime! Was that Jesse in the bottom right corner?

mayan

Legendary member
I actually felt good when I broke the wings on my FT-3D since it meant I was flying it so hard! :ROFLMAO: Congrats on getting it back down in one piece though! I never put enough flight time on my explorer to break the wings before I gave it away. Seeing all you guys hanging out makes me want to join sometime! Was that Jesse in the bottom right corner?
Yep it was :). Tomorrow morning I might go to the field at around 8am my time which is GMT +2.

mayan

Legendary member
Alright folks before I go out to the field tomorrow morning to fly the FT Edge 540 I thought I'd share this video that I made with you all :). @BATTLEAXE your gonna love this movie just make sure to watch it till the end and I promise you a decent laugh at the end :). @Zetoyoc, @FoamyDM this is the crash I talked to you about the other day :). In general I would really appreciate if you all tell me what you think of the video it's a new format I've been trying out where I have two cameras rolling each filming at a different angle. One if filming myself and my reactions the other is trying to film the plane. Please Please let me know what you think of the new format. Enjoy the video :)

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Alright folks before I go out to the field tomorrow morning to fly the FT Edge 540 I thought I'd share this video that I made with you all :). @BATTLEAXE your gonna love this movie just make sure to watch it till the end and I promise you a decent laugh at the end :). @Zetoyoc, @FoamyDM this is the crash I talked to you about the other day :). In general I would really appreciate if you all tell me what you think of the video it's a new format I've been trying out where I have two cameras rolling each filming at a different angle. One if filming myself and my reactions the other is trying to film the plane. Please Please let me know what you think of the new format. Enjoy the video :)

As you are started the motor up after the crash I saying out loud, "NONONO don't do it. Don't throttle up!.. that firewall is Fubar!"