The Second Part of my Journey - The Diary

mayan

Legendary member
@mayan - loved the video - do you guys mix any aileron camber or reflex with the elevator for faster/tighter pitch manoeuvres?
I fly thumbs only. The only cheating I’ve done so far is added ballast weight to the tail. After today’s crash I will need more tail weight 🤦🏻‍♂️.

mayan

Legendary member
Hey all over the last few weeks I've created a bunch of videos that I will slowly be sharing with you. The first one that I want to share is a show off flight of what the FT Bloody Baron can do. At first I didn't really like the way the plane flew but after flying it a a few times I quickly came understand what a great model it is and why it makes for a great combat plane. This plane as certainly earned it's place in my fleet. The video that you are about to see was filmed by my wife one day that I managed to get the whole family to come with me to the field, enjoy!

mayan

Legendary member
Hey friends, unfortunetaly the family has been instructed toenter qarauantine because we got to exposed to someone who tested positive to COVID19. To help me deal with this complicated situation I have decided to open a dedicated thread for the next two weeks, the time that by law we all have to be qarauantined for. There I'll try to post a video once a day to update how are things going and how we are holding up. Here is a link to that thread: https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/covid19-quarantine-diary.64928/

mayan

Legendary member
Haven’t been active to much in the forum lately nor have I had the chance to get much flying either. I have been stranded to the house for about a month and half, first because of a quarantine period that we were put into being next to someone with COVID19 and then because Israel was put into lockdown to try stop the spread which got out of control. Last week was the first time in a long time that I went to the field and so much for thumb memory crashed both planes that I took not long after take off :). Both were already overly repaired so I’ll just RIP them both sometime this week. I do plan on going out today to fly and crash some more planes, kinda trying to clean up my closets :). Not planning on taking any videos so I’ll just post something I have laying around, later today to give you some content from me :).

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Wow, didnt realize y'all were locking down so strictly still. That sucks. Glad to hear you got some stick time in at least. Do what you can to keep your sanity! Best wishes and keep your chin up!

Piotrsko

Master member
Hate to say it, BUT, it isn't muscle/thumb memory. It's hand eye coordination with a bit of learned experience. The learning part is the most difficult and time consuming.

I have no precision control of my thumbs when I don't watch them. Didn't stop me from flying the planes limbo inverted and bringing them back home intact except for the prop or elevator strike.

mayan

Legendary member
Alright @Piotrsko is right the thumb memory is there just need to get back some time on each plane to remember what it can or can’t do :). Today I took out my kids overly beat up TT and had a nice 2 battery flight on it. Then later pulled out the MS Corsair and flew another battery there. All in all I came home with nothing broken :( again trying to clean out my closets for a change.

basslord1124

Master member
Hate to hear they are being so strict on lockdown @mayan but better to be safe than sorry. And yeah I am sure if you haven't flown in a while, you can be a little rusty. A good idea to try and warm up with something simple like a 3 channel glider or Cub or something before breaking out the warbirds, etc.

Haven't been on the forums much either...lurking on occasion but that's it.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Ive always had a hard time with the "better safe than sorry" ethos, ive found more fulfillment and success in my life with a "fortune favors the bold" philosophy. Unfortunately, so much of what troubles the world right now is not within our individual control. We all have to play the cards we've been given. After all, in the end, theres no need to take life too seriously, none of us make it out alive! 😉

Im not a religious man, i try to be a student of many philosophies, but my favorite words of encouragement have always been the 23 Psalm,

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me..."

mayan

Legendary member
Rain rain go away, come back another day :(.
It pouring cats and dogs outside should I or should I not go flying? Well I’ll be honest I really want to go but I am too chicken to do it. So I’ll just post this for you all to get content from me considering I’ve been MIA recently, enjoy!

This is a video from some long time ago when we weren’t under COVID lockdown, quarantine and the weather was decent :).