The "Simple Stick" - builders thread and plans

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
Just be aware, they are budget motors, you're not going to be getting a cobra or rimfire. I've had mostly good success with them with having only one motor burn out. Here's the one that burned up on my p51.
IMG_20210621_004746.jpg
IMG_20210621_004742.jpg
IMG_20210621_004744.jpg
IMG_20210621_004739.jpg

OliverW

Legendary member

AeroPointIndustries

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
I've gotten a few of these sub 20 dollar motors and I haven't burned one up. But good to know! Thanks for the advice!
Yeah, more than likely you'll be fine, I'm still not quite certain that the motor was completely at fault (there wasn't a ton of airflow through the cowel) but I just wanted to let you know that the cheaper motors do fail once in a while.

danskis

Master member
I've had 3 g-force motors. I use a g-force 2835 1200kv with a 10X7 prop and a 30amp esc on my spit and F6F. They are noisy especially if you lawn dart them. Great motors for the price. The only drawback with this motor is you can't use 4S with them. You can us 4S with the 35XX. IMO you don't "need" a 35XX with the simple stick.

Its a great plane. I"ve had people who've seen it flying ask me where I bought it.

Last edited:

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Wow i just realized something... i have an opportunity to purchase a Balsa Stick... i thought it was a scout but ive just realized that it is a stick...
$50 for plane, motor Eflight park 480, prop, battery, tx & rx (barebones) .... seems like a good deal... 1.2m wingspan

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Picked up a Stick Kit and Power pack B from Edgewater Saturday. Hope to get working on it soon... Watched first part of Josh's build video last night to get the noggin going down the right path. Need to get the Dart back in the air first, but then on to BIGGER things! :) May use the landing gear off the OMPHobby Challenger I crashed Destroyed on it's maiden.

LB

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
How well does this baby act on floats???
I need to build another plane to take with me down to the coast in 2-3 weeks time... It needs to handle a light breeze, and must have floats so I can fly off the lagoon...
Preferably removable floats... So I can hand launch it and do some stupid stuff with it 😂

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
How well does this baby act on floats???
I need to build another plane to take with me down to the coast in 2-3 weeks time... It needs to handle a light breeze, and must have floats so I can fly off the lagoon...
Preferably removable floats... So I can hand launch it and do some stupid stuff with it 😂
I’d say it does pretty well on floats. :)