Tricopter Problem

Lpaus

So here what happened. I re flashed my board and it seemed to have some sort of effect for if i have one motor plugged into the KK board it will work. When I plug the second or third in there is no power though. At least there is some progress being done..

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
So here what happened. I re flashed my board and it seemed to have some sort of effect for if i have one motor plugged into the KK board it will work. When I plug the second or third in there is no power though. At least there is some progress being done..

When you power up the complete system by plugging in a battery, the led on the KKboard should blink once. Then you need to make sure the receiver is bound to the transmitter (receiver light lit) and then arm the tricopter by doing the down-left or down-right throttle stick procedure.

Does the LED blink now when you power the system?

By Yaw Pot I mean the little square box with a plus symbol on it. There are three on the board. They are also named Yaw, Roll and Pitch.

When you turn the Yaw Pot to the minimum with a screwdriver and then turn on the board, you are enabling the transmitter to control the motors directly without arming anything. So the ESC's should beep when you plug in the power.

Lubis

What kind of ESCs are you using?
If you have Plushs they have build-in BECs and might screw your kk-board up by all submitting ~5V to your board but with a minor differance between the BECs. Sometimes the electronics might get a bit pissed off by that.
I don't know if the HK KK-board is sensitive to that, but it might be, and that would explain why it works if you only have one ESC connected. Try cutting, or somehow disconnecting if you don't want to cut it, the red wire (middle one) from your ESCs signal wire on the other two ESCs and try again. But first off, check weather you have a BESC (built-in BEC) on your ESCs.
Remember to leave at least one of the ESCs untouched, otherwise you wont get any voltage at all to your board.

Lpaus

What kind of ESCs are you using?
If you have Plushs they have build-in BECs and might screw your kk-board up by all submitting ~5V to your board but with a minor differance between the BECs. Sometimes the electronics might get a bit pissed off by that.
I don't know if the HK KK-board is sensitive to that, but it might be, and that would explain why it works if you only have one ESC connected. Try cutting, or somehow disconnecting if you don't want to cut it, the red wire (middle one) from your ESCs signal wire on the other two ESCs and try again. But first off, check weather you have a BESC (built-in BEC) on your ESCs.
Remember to leave at least one of the ESCs untouched, otherwise you wont get any voltage at all to your board.

Yes i have plush ESC's I will try to disconnect two of them. Thanks for the Idea!

Lubis

Yes i have plush ESC's I will try to disconnect two of them. Thanks for the Idea!

Did it make any difference?
I'm about to install a few Plush 30A to a HK KK V2 myself on my new hexacopter so it would be good to know if I have to cut the 5V wires.

Manfet

Normally all plush use linear BECs. Because of that it should work in both ways (all 5V wires or only one 5V wire).
Sorry but I don't have no more ideas. Aren't there some swedish forums where you could meet up with a person in real life. Normally setting up a KK-Board so it will fly needs about an hour.

Lpaus

Did it make any difference?
I'm about to install a few Plush 30A to a HK KK V2 myself on my new hexacopter so it would be good to know if I have to cut the 5V wires.

I have been busy all day so i will do it tomarrow and let you know.

Lpaus

Normally all plush use linear BECs. Because of that it should work in both ways (all 5V wires or only one 5V wire).
Sorry but I don't have no more ideas. Aren't there some swedish forums where you could meet up with a person in real life. Normally setting up a KK-Board so it will fly needs about an hour.

Thanks for your ideas i really appreciate them, I dont think there are any people in my part of vermont that will know haha, but perhaps

Lpaus

GREAT NEWS so I removed the red wire from two of of the three of them and the two without the wires work fine. The third motor with the BEC still connected wont work though. Should I remove that Bec too?

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
GREAT NEWS so I removed the red wire from two of of the three of them and the two without the wires work fine. The third motor with the BEC still connected wont work though. Should I remove that Bec too?

Go ahead :D - If you do, nothing will power the KKboard or the Rx.

Could you take a picture of your board to aid in diagnosis?

Manfet

Could it be that there is a short on the kk and because of that every connected esc has no voltage for it's own processor?

Lubis

Do you have an external BEC connected to your kk-board? If you do, you can safely remove the red wire from the last ESC too.

Lpaus

Do you have an external BEC connected to your kk-board? If you do, you can safely remove the red wire from the last ESC too.

Honestly I dont know, but I went to try it out again today and I plugged in the battery and the ESC's made the noises, but then they kept making the noise as if there was no signal again. The motors had no power. My TX is pretty much dead so maybe that is effecting it.