• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Tx/Rx Selection

Hi! I'm new to the hobby and on a university team to build an aircraft. I'm looking at radio systems and really like the DX6e transmitter for my needs.

For a receiver, I want a customizable fail-safe so that I can specify the rudder, aileron, and elevator positions if radio signal is lost.

Horizon Hobby suggested a Spektrum "PowerSafe" receiver but the prices for those are quite steep. I was looking at the Spektrum AR6600T and, if I read the manual correctly, it will give me what I want. Can someone confirm this?

Thanks!

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
Ya, you can set failsafe positions with most Spektrum rx. I use the 6600 and I love it. If you have a voice capable tx you can get voltage readings called out every minute, after you install the voltage sensor wires by soldering into the speed controller battery plug.

I little more info will help.
.Are you looking for radio to grow into with expandable capability or a less expensive unit to just get your feet wet with?

ofiesens2

Professional noob
If you are worried about prices for the Spektrum receivers, LemonRX makes *knock off* receivers that work specifically with Spektrum DSMX and DSM2, and most people around here seem to love those because they are only ~10 dollars each.
Not sure about failsafe though. Hopefully someone else can pitch in here....

TazRC

Obsession, not hobby
Many or most of the Lemon Rx receivers and all of the new Stabilizer PLUS receivers have programmable failsafe. Lemon is making great strides in Spektrum compatible receivers!

Remarks and Flysky I6 (same radio and receiver) have programmable failsafe capability. Inexpensive radios that should s e r e well until some.out grow them. Have not heard a negative word about them and have heard much positive. Priced between $43 and $52, depending on where you buy. Might be worth a look