*Unofficial* FT Simple Stick

daxian

Elite member
fed up waiting for plans ...so made up my own ! and made a start ! stick40.JPG

chris398mx

Master member
Me too, I started “Hangers” version last night,

It’s been beyond a reasonable wait time for the stick plans, it used to be about a week to two weeks, It’s been about 4 now, right?

I personally think the wheels are coming off at flite test! It seems to me they have abandoned what made them great when they started. A hobby for the people; by the people. Now it seems they are concentrating on making money! Too Bad, I hope they can get back to their roots sometime soon. Don't get me wrong, what they have done for the hobby and the community is great, if not for finding them about 1-1/2 years ago, I wouldn't even be in the hobby! $5 airframes make it possible for so many people to get involved.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I personally think the wheels are coming off at flite test! It seems to me they have abandoned what made them great when they started. A hobby for the people; by the people. Now it seems they are concentrating on making money! Too Bad, I hope they can get back to their roots sometime soon. Don't get me wrong, what they have done for the hobby and the community is great, if not for finding them about 1-1/2 years ago, I wouldn't even be in the hobby! $5 airframes make it possible for so many people to get involved.
I agree with you!

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
While we're patiently waiting for something that Flite Test GIVES AWAY FOR FREE, we can actually HELP SUPPORT them by buying one of the FT Simple Stick SBK's from the Flite Test Store.
$34.99 gets you laser-cut parts, a firewall, push pods, control horns, and landing gear. Might even be easy to make templates from the parts before building, just in case of gravity.

Something to consider while we wait for FT to release the free FT Simple Stick plan:
Anyone ever heard of that latest Coronavirus called SARS-CoV-2, and causes CoViD-19? :unsure:

Last edited:

Draftman1

While we're patiently waiting for something that Flite Test GIVES AWAY FOR FREE, we can actually HELP SUPPORT them by buying one of the FT Simple Stick SBK's from the Flite Test Store.
$34.99 gets you laser-cut parts, a firewall, push pods, control horns, and landing gear. Might even be easy to make templates from the parts before building, just in case of gravity.

Out of Stock.......:mad:

Something to consider while we wait for FT to release the free FT Simple Stick plan:
Anyone ever heard of that latest Coronavirus called SARS-CoV-2, and causes CoViD-19? :unsure:

daxian

Elite member
Man I will say that is a "Prettistick" for sure. You always take the time in your work and you are proud of it. I cant wait to see the maiden vid. You will love it
cheers Chris ...being retired gives me the time to enjoy the build ...as for flying.. might be a while ,just gone into full lockdown again due to covid :(

Tired of waiting for FT, I built the Hanger Simple Stik in a 115% version, which seemed like a pretty good size to me. At 115% the channel cuts weren't much bigger than the foam thickness, so I just fudged the size down a little. This size gave me a 42" wingspan at the leading edge which would allow me to use a stock FT Stik wing sometime in the future if the plans ever come out. After reading about others problems with CG, I moved the tail servos forward and moved the wing back a little. I also used CF pushrods to reduce tail weight. In this configuration the CG was right on one of the CG marks with a 1300 3s all the way forward. There were two different CG marks on the plans so I took the conservative route and went for the forward one which looked OK to me.

On its maiden flight it flew pretty well. The roll rate was sufficiently sporty and the handling was predictable with one exception. In an outside loop, the plane showed a reluctance to make the inverted up turn to complete the loop. I thought that might have been a pushrod wow issue so I added a few more pushrod guides to keep it straight. After testing it, the problem persisted, so I am going to try moving the CG back a bit on the theory that the plane is a little nose heavy and can't lift the nose well when inverted. If that doesn't help, I kind of think it might be the flat bottom wing not performing so well when inverted. Any thoughts?

Simple Stik.jpg