Help! What does your build season List look like?

You did? wow my short term memory is fading...

So are you north of Trenton or south? Anything north to a REAL southern NJ boy is just a New Yorker who commutes. Piney all tha way
Yeah at one point in our history North and South Jersey wanted to be two different states.
Born a little ways South of Camden. Grew up near Valley Forge Park, and spent summers at Sea Isle City.

FlyingTyger

Elite member
Cyclone 3350's build list

• 1/3.5 scale Piper L-4 with a carbon fiber tube space frame fuselage
  • Convert an OS FT 240 to gas
  • Like I am going to have time to build anything else this season

Do you know of a gas conversion kit that is available for the OS FT240? I have a 160 Gemini that I wouldn't mind converting to gas.

FlyingTyger

Elite member
It would be far too much work to try and go through every project I have waiting in queue, but here are my top priorities for 2022.

-Kadet Junior Night Flyer (current build)
-Sig Demoiselle (minor restoration)
-Hangar 9 Toledo Special (electric conversion)
-RCGroups Vintage Build-Off #1 entry (TBD)
-Build-ruary entries (may include the above vintage entry)
-Proctor Antic Parasol (restoration/e-conversion)
-Top Flite Antares (restoration/e-conversion)
-Ed Keck TOC Akromaster (restoration)

Of course this list isn't a guarantee either. It's all dependent on what inspires me.

cyclone3350

Master member
Do you know of a gas conversion kit that is available for the OS FT240? I have a 160 Gemini that I wouldn't mind converting to gas.

https://www.morrisminimotors.com/os...-engine-full-gas-conversion-kit-os160t-4.html They ship world wide. I am out of town until after the 1st. I will order mine for the 240 when I get back. I will start my build thread shortly there after and will include either success or failure with the conversion. I'd figure if these guys can do it, then it should work.
BTW, if that one works, then I will get an OS 160 (or the ASP knock off) and try that on a 1/4 cub. The only reason I am taking this risk, is that I got the 240 on a trade and didn't have to see any cash leave my hands. So why not? If I do get it to work, then I would say U would be safe to try it yourself.

cyclone3350

Master member
It would be far too much work to try and go through every project I have waiting in queue, but here are my top priorities for 2022.

-Kadet Junior Night Flyer (current build)
-Sig Demoiselle (minor restoration)
-Hangar 9 Toledo Special (electric conversion)
-RCGroups Vintage Build-Off #1 entry (TBD)
-Build-ruary entries (may include the above vintage entry)
-Proctor Antic Parasol (restoration/e-conversion)
-Top Flite Antares (restoration/e-conversion)
-Ed Keck TOC Akromaster (restoration)

Of course this list isn't a guarantee either. It's all dependent on what inspires me.

I see U have a H9 Toledo. U dawg U. I gave up looking for one a few years ago. I was fortunate to find this last knock off from VH. It is Bad-ss with an eflite 52 on a 6s. OK looking but luv that Toledo.
IMG_3719 (002).JPG

https://www.morrisminimotors.com/os...-engine-full-gas-conversion-kit-os160t-4.html They ship world wide. I am out of town until after the 1st. I will order mine for the 240 when I get back. I will start my build thread shortly there after and will include either success or failure with the conversion. I'd figure if these guys can do it, then it should work.
BTW, if that one works, then I will get an OS 160 (or the ASP knock off) and try that on a 1/4 cub. The only reason I am taking this risk, is that I got the 240 on a trade and didn't have to see any cash leave my hands. So why not? If I do get it to work, then I would say U would be safe to try it yourself.
Mr Cyclone I like your style. When you decide you want a toy you pick the best toys to play with.

FlyingTyger

Elite member

Thanks for the info. I am kind of in the same boat. I acquired a 1/4 scale Aeronca K from a late flying buddy's estate. He had just replaced the old 120 with a brand new 160 and it is a perfect fit for the airframe, scale exhaust and all. I don't want to put a different engine in it but would prefer not to run glow if possible.

Attachments

• 20211128_101947.jpg
    20211128_101947.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20211128_102022.jpg
    20211128_102022.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Aeronca-K.jpg
    Aeronca-K.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 0

FlyingTyger

Elite member
I see U have a H9 Toledo. U dawg U. I gave up looking for one a few years ago. I was fortunate to find this last knock off from VH. It is Bad-ss with an eflite 52 on a 6s. OK looking but luv that Toledo.

:cool:

I always liked the Toledo Special too. Came from the same estate as the Aeronca...

cyclone3350

Master member
Thanks for the info. I am kind of in the same boat. I acquired a 1/4 scale Aeronca K from a late flying buddy's estate. He had just replaced the old 120 with a brand new 160 and it is a perfect fit for the airframe, scale exhaust and all. I don't want to put a different engine in it but would prefer not to run glow if possible.

I was looking @ the difference in fuel cost. The conversion will pay for itself in a couple of seasons.

cyclone3350

Master member

I've ordered my conversion from Morris Motors today. I will let U know when I start my L-4 build log which is where I will post how the conversion works out.

cyclone3350

Master member

I've been meaning to say that K with that exhaust was an awesome find.

SSgt Duramax

I don't really have a build season, I can fly all winter. Benefits of south TX. It is probably nicer not to fly during the summer when it is 100 degrees. But this is what I have on deck:

Probably these two first -

Finish 13th Squadron F6f.

Finish FT3D (this just popped up because I am impulsive and decided I wanted a 3D plane yesterday).

Then this in no particular order:

Repair for glider /harvest 13th squadron zero.

Build FT zero SBK

Build 125% Sig Kadet.

Build 75% mini Kadet for kid who wants to learn to fly (I said I would build it for him once he gets a RX/TX).

Build daughter a new plane, hers is on its way out. Torn between a smash drone and the fish. I may just let her fly the 125% kadet and buddy box her.

Then man up and build my Jolly Rogers T-28 skyfx kit. I keep forgetting to order the landing gear kit for it.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
How is everyone's Hopes/prediction coming along?
LOL. uhhhh yeah. I have too many unfinished builds going down. NOTHING like my original prediction. But making some progress. My focus keeps changing. Which is how I've ended up with dozens of unfinished builds. (as well as dozens of finished) Did a minimal amount of snow skimming. Just haven't had much skimmable snow this year.

Part of the problem is Eclipson keeps dropping upgraded versions of things. Like V2 of their PRANDTL. So I now have two printed but not finished, and need to print a third from LW-PLA. I may give the V1 to the folks up at Flite-Test. My Builduary includes nothing from my list. Just 4 FT kits that I've never finished.

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Great!
I have made my decision to go with a LZZY Hale Explorer With the Zakk Wyld EMG pick ups I currently have in last years BRS build. Those will get swapped out for the original idea Glenn Tipton Vengeance pick ups I was able to find in stock this year. I was going to relief carve the "Captain America" chopper from the movie Easy Riders in it but have decided I like the all white Explorer so what I will do is carve the chopper so it acts more like a cover when not playing like Ben Crowe did with his "Complication" build a few years back.

I made the template for the body so I could start designing but ran into the weirdest paint issue I have ever seen. I cut the template from card stock and wanted to get a good dark base coat airbrushed on it so I could test spray several different brands of white paint. when I sprayed the black after thinning it to flow thru an airbrush properly the first few light coats came out green tinted. The more coats I put on the darker it became and eventually dried pure black. Here is the freaky part.. when i cleaned the air brush the water ran deep blue as I cleaned it out.. I was expecting black or the green that showed up at first but noooo Bills Law HAS to mess with my head in everything I do.

Anyways I let it dry another full day as I did spray pretty heavy to get that even black. As soon as I sprayed the titanium white onto it (no matter how light or heavy) it turned mint freakin green. I figured well the black need a bunch of coats to even out so I did the same with the white. No dice just got lighter green. For a sanity check I thought maybe it was the thinner reacting with that brand of paint so I brushed some un thinned onto the template and it made ZERO change. I am totally baffled.

20220206_114402.jpg

20220207_115942.jpg

20220208_135456.jpg

And here is why I decided to do a cover carving rather then an on body one. Scaling the bike and trying to fit it where it wasn't just all broken up by the pick ups or hardware would be impossible. So instead Ill make a 3d carving of the bike that will cover most of the body shape and mount over top of everything when not in use.

20220210_165109.jpg

This is how the "complication was carved and mounted to the guitar.
Complication.jpg

This is the objective.

LZZY.jpg

bwarz

Master member
I finished up the explorer and cub for my kids, built an FT Charlie (still needs paint and power), got my P36 design going with the first build maiden flight under my belt, second build just started, dr1 in progress, sea duck in progress, mini Zero in progress. Everything else still sitting

I finished up the explorer and cub for my kids, built an FT Charlie (still needs paint and power), got my P36 design going with the first build maiden flight under my belt, second build just started, dr1 in progress, sea duck in progress, mini Zero in progress. Everything else still sitting
Progress! Better start some more or you might run out some day! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :p

FlyingTyger

Elite member
How is everyone's Hopes/prediction coming along?
People keep coming up with great challenges and new plans which are derailing my initial goals... So everything is going as expected 😁

-Kadet Junior Night Flyer - currently shelved for my Build-ruary builds
-Sig Demoiselle - restoration completed and hung on display in my cubicle
-Hangar 9 Toledo Special (electric conversion) - haven't started
-RCGroups Vintage Build-Off #1 entry (Claude McCullough's Vixen) - not started
-Build-ruary entries - Crossfire #1 nearly complete, other 3 entries haven't been started
-Proctor Antic Parasol (restoration/e-conversion) - haven't started
-Top Flite Antares (restoration/e-conversion) - haven't started
-Ed Keck TOC Akromaster (restoration) - haven't started
-Sopwith Tabloid for the Dawn Patrol Challenge - not started
-Scout XL - not started
- giant scale foam build - not started but I bought electronics
😎

So I have pretty much finished two builds but added 3 more.