Not Quite Legendary
Haha when you done with that, you should make a modified arrow and call it a “Flying Wing”! You’ll have to sweep back the wing more though. LolGreat!
I have made my decision to go with a LZZY Hale Explorer With the Zakk Wyld EMG pick ups I currently have in last years BRS build. Those will get swapped out for the original idea Glenn Tipton Vengeance pick ups I was able to find in stock this year. I was going to relief carve the "Captain America" chopper from the movie Easy Riders in it but have decided I like the all white Explorer so what I will do is carve the chopper so it acts more like a cover when not playing like Ben Crowe did with his "Complication" build a few years back.
I made the template for the body so I could start designing but ran into the weirdest paint issue I have ever seen. I cut the template from card stock and wanted to get a good dark base coat airbrushed on it so I could test spray several different brands of white paint. when I sprayed the black after thinning it to flow thru an airbrush properly the first few light coats came out green tinted. The more coats I put on the darker it became and eventually dried pure black. Here is the freaky part.. when i cleaned the air brush the water ran deep blue as I cleaned it out.. I was expecting black or the green that showed up at first but noooo Bills Law HAS to mess with my head in everything I do.
Anyways I let it dry another full day as I did spray pretty heavy to get that even black. As soon as I sprayed the titanium white onto it (no matter how light or heavy) it turned mint freakin green. I figured well the black need a bunch of coats to even out so I did the same with the white. No dice just got lighter green. For a sanity check I thought maybe it was the thinner reacting with that brand of paint so I brushed some un thinned onto the template and it made ZERO change. I am totally baffled.
View attachment 218554
View attachment 218555
View attachment 218556
And here is why I decided to do a cover carving rather then an on body one. Scaling the bike and trying to fit it where it wasn't just all broken up by the pick ups or hardware would be impossible. So instead Ill make a 3d carving of the bike that will cover most of the body shape and mount over top of everything when not in use.
View attachment 218557
This is how the "complication was carved and mounted to the guitar.
View attachment 218560
This is the objective.
View attachment 218559