Help! What does your build season List look like?

Matagami Designs

Master member
Build List? I barely have room for anymore. Maybe I'll build another storage rack to get some of what I have a bit more organized. :unsure:

As for airplanes I'm currently elbows deep deigning and 3-d printing a 1/12 scale F-82. I would like to revisit my Sorta Smoothie since the later half of this summer was spent flying this. It's a ton of fun and @willsonman flew it on 4s last weekend and was quite the sight at those speeds. I would like to make a V2 which would be a bit easier to build with lessons learned on V1. Also I wouldn't mind doing more with my SU-47 and making it actually a twin 50mm EDF since this is another one that is a lot of fun once flying . I would like to make something simple as well with LEDs but don't know what exactly maybe a Simple Scout or some variation of that. Maybe try some Balsa kit but I've been thinking that for a while...:)

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Lot's of practice needed for smooth building in Build-ruary. I watched it come and go last year :( Perhaps I shouldn't plan for several master series builds at that time - I think my painting and detailing time would severely suffer!
:ROFLMAO: haha :ROFLMAO: I look forward to the challenge this year.

Tench745

Master member
What are you building at the ARCN Build Night on the 19th?

That's a podcast host for you; asking the hard questions.
Depends if I have the Sea Angel done or not... so... :shrugs:
Maybe I'll put the laptop up in the garage while I do some fab work on the Ace.

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
2.5 inch cinewhoop build on beta95 v3 frame
Rebuild the babytooth 1s 3 inch
Maybe a 3 inch fpv cycle toothfairy 2 if I can get the funds before daylight savings comes round again (if not it wont be part of the build season, see?)
And I've gotta get the little ~1ft wingspan titchy planes to final design. I still need to get electronics. There likely be at least one build thread with one of that size from me this winter.

For me it is going to be a list of engineering and aerodynamics experiments with cheap foam board planes and lots of sensors. I'm looking to test elevons, flaperons, crow braking, canards, auto takeoff, auto launch, throw-controlled throttle, auto land, landing gear oil shocks, high glide slope using reverse thrust, lidar, pitot tube, differential thrust, and lots of telemetry data gathering.

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
For me it is going to be a list of engineering and aerodynamics experiments with cheap foam board planes and lots of sensors. I'm looking to test elevons, flaperons, crow braking, canards, auto takeoff, auto launch, throw-controlled throttle, auto land, landing gear oil shocks, high glide slope using reverse thrust, lidar, pitot tube, differential thrust, and lots of telemetry data gathering.
That sounds like lots of stuff I’d enjoy learning about.

FoamyDM

That's a podcast host for you; asking the hard questions.
Depends if I have the Sea Angel done or not... so... :shrugs:
Maybe I'll put the laptop up in the garage while I do some fab work on the Ace.
That sounds Perfect! I will see you there

FoamyDM

The PRANDTL Arrow which you just posted
AWESOME!!! do you think the build information from the first one is enough information? do you think a Build Video for it would be very helpful?
Please join the build night on the 19th and build it (possibly with me). I really would like to see someone else follow my "instructions" and then see how well (or poorly it flies.) I am working on one now
Looking at it. it seems the power pod mount may be a bit tall. (easy to fix.)

LitterBug

Techno Nut
AWESOME!!! do you think the build information from the first one is enough information? do you think a Build Video for it would be very helpful?
Please join the build night on the 19th and build it (possibly with me). I really would like to see someone else follow my "instructions" and then see how well (or poorly it flies.) I am working on one now
Looking at it. it seems the power pod mount may be a bit tall. (easy to fix.)
I'll see if I can get it printed and cut out by then. I have a few days off next week.

FoamyDM

@LitterBug it took me about 20-30 min to cut out. I have *filmed* a build video. I have the electronics install portion to go.
I built it in 45 mins.

Attachments

• IMG_20211114_090228132.jpg
    IMG_20211114_090228132.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
This year I don't have much since I'm still trying to get back into the swing of things. I really only have two builds planned:

- 40" Piper Super Cub (piper cub challenge entry)
- Finish an aerobatic glider I started a while back and just need to wire up

My build season list is as follows.
1. I'm gonna build all the planes.
2. I'll keep them a secret for fear of criticism. (I'm sensitive.)
3. I'll keep coming here to make irrelevant comments on other people's threads because I think I'm funny and I need attention.

I can only get maybe two planes in line at a time!
1. Right now I'm at 75% on the FB2 - FreezerBurn II. Can't wait for good snow!
2. I'm lately real interested in the Grumman Widgeon. Been drawing that up to run in snow, but if I don't build it in time for this winter it'll still land great on the grass. At least better than a belly lander, the props will be up out of harm's way.
3. Ideas for other planes never stop, right?

Scotto

Elite member
My build season list is as follows.
1. I'm gonna build all the planes.
2. I'll keep them a secret for fear of criticism. (I'm sensitive.)
3. I'll keep coming here to make irrelevant comments on other people's threads because I think I'm funny and I need attention.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ive got to build myself a proper workbench first my little desk is killing me. And Ive got a 3d printer still in the box that needs a place to be.
1. Bushwacker with skins
2. Ive redrawn the Ft simple Storch to look American. Itll be my simple Stinson Vigilant.
3. 60 inch Prandtl wing by @FoamyDM . I want to strap it on the Stinson to see what happens.
4. Bob Hoover's "Ole Yeller" Mustang. Probly the ft simple one because I know I will crash it.
5. Sopwith Tabloid (Schneider version)

After that maybe one of the kits I just had to have lol

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ive got to build myself a proper workbench first my little desk is killing me. And Ive got a 3d printer still in the box that needs a place to be.
1. Bushwacker with skins
2. Ive redrawn the Ft simple Storch to look American. Itll be my simple Stinson Vigilant.
3. 60 inch Prandtl wing by @FoamyDM . I want to strap it on the Stinson to see what happens.
4. Bob Hoover's "Ole Yeller" Mustang. Probly the ft simple one because I know I will crash it.
5. Sopwith Tabloid (Schneider version)

After that maybe one of the kits I just had to have lol
Hey you ain't messing around!
Am I following you yet? ...Yup. Good.

I just measured. Up until 7 weeks ago my build desk was a (dumpster find) El Cheapo 34"x20" desk. But I also included the top of an old steel 1/2-size office filing cabinet (2-drawer) on one side and milk crates on the other side, and the floor all around. :D
Now I'm building on my 100 yr old oak 60" drafting table. + accessory surfaces. Living large!