Willie Nillies GLH 250

Turbojoe

Elite member
I was never intending to bash the product in anyway. If anybody felt that way, I apologize!

Never felt that at all. Hey, we all tend to push products beyond their limits and I'm one of the worst offenders. :sneaky:

I just did some searching on that 2204 motor that your using. 138 watts on a 6x3 prop! That means your hauling that little bird around with well over 250 watts per pound! :eek: I've over powered some planes before but never even close to that point. I wouldn't make any sudden control surface inputs at full speed without expecting it to fold the wing and/or rip off tail feathers. It should be a rocket in straight and level flight though. Again, I can't wait for the (uneventful) full throttle video. It should be quite thrilling.

Joe

OliverW

Legendary member
Never felt that at all. Hey, we all tend to push products beyond their limits and I'm one of the worst offenders. :sneaky:

I just did some searching on that 2204 motor that your using. 138 watts on a 6x3 prop! That means your hauling that little bird around with well over 250 watts per pound! :eek: I've over powered some planes before but never even close to that point. I wouldn't make any sudden control surface inputs at full speed without expecting it to fold the wing and/or rip off tail feathers. It should be a rocket in straight and level flight though. Again, I can't wait for the (uneventful) full throttle video. It should be quite thrilling.

Joe
A guy at our club is running his on the stock setup, and it goes much faster than mine. And if you have watched my maiden vid, I was at full throttle for most of it!

Turbojoe

Elite member
A guy at our club is running his on the stock setup, and it goes much faster than mine. And if you have watched my maiden vid, I was at full throttle for most of it!

What size prop are you running? 2S or 3S LiPo? My PSM Monocoupe needs a bit more oomph over the Park 250 that's in it. I wonder how that Emax would do on 2S. I've got boxes of motors but all are for much bigger planes and are heavier than I want to hang on the Monocoupe. I'm building the PSM Cessna 182 right now and will have pretty much the same power requirements. Plus I need to run at least a 7" prop on the Monocoupe. Do you use a wattmeter? I'd love to see the real world numbers for the motor.

I'm just asking because I've done this so many times myself. Could the prop being on backwards be the reason your plane is slower than the other guys? It'll still fly. Just not as fast as it should with that much power on tap. I don't have enough fingers and toes to count how many times I've done it over the years. :oops:

Joe

OliverW

Legendary member
What size prop are you running? 2S or 3S LiPo? My PSM Monocoupe needs a bit more oomph over the Park 250 that's in it. I wonder how that Emax would do on 2S. I've got boxes of motors but all are for much bigger planes and are heavier than I want to hang on the Monocoupe. I'm building the PSM Cessna 182 right now and will have pretty much the same power requirements. Plus I need to run at least a 7" prop on the Monocoupe. Do you use a wattmeter? I'd love to see the real world numbers for the motor.

I'm just asking because I've done this so many times myself. Could the prop being on backwards be the reason your plane is slower than the other guys? It'll still fly. Just not as fast as it should with that much power on tap. I don't have enough fingers and toes to count how many times I've done it over the years. :oops:

Joe
I am running it on a 6x4 on 3s. It could easily use a 7", as on one of ours we used a 8" and it went well

OliverW

Legendary member

Joe
The prop is on the right direction. I've had it on backwards more times than I can count though

OliverW

Legendary member
I finally fixed it up after a nasty crash!
20200507_144534.jpg