Willy Nillies Cub/Savage Bobber 250

OliverW

Legendary member
Hey all. I started my willy nillies cub kitbash tonight! I'm going to be bashing it into a savage bobber. @Willy Nillies and @Turbojoe covered the cost of the kit, wheels, covering, and pilot figure. Thank you very much once again Doug and Joe! I'm building the wing 100% stock aside from mounting UMX timber electronics in the wing.
20200806_000911.jpg

OliverW

Legendary member
My hand hated cutting out all of those skewers lol. And don't look too closely at the joints. Not the cleanest but they're super strong. I'm gonna use scrap balsa to fill in the gaps so it looks decent when it comes time to paint the sticks. I went as close to the scale shape as I could while keeping it strong
20200806_211142.jpg

OliverW

Legendary member
Getting back to the build on Wednesday night or Thursday. It depends on how much time I have lol

OliverW

Legendary member
Geez I wish I had hopped into the shop for some bobber time. Gonna go run in there in a couple hours to get some progress.

TooJung2Die

Master member
It's flying season! I knocked out a quick FT-22 foamy in the evening but I'm taking every minute of daylight I can to go outside and fly. The weather has been great for weeks. You can't waste it. Isn't that what we build for?!?

OliverW

Legendary member
I've also got to wrap up a rebuild on one of my favorite planes. Got a new cowl on the way and I'm selling some stuff so I can fund a new gp-76 for it

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Well I just read through it - it’s looking good! I do have a question though - what happened to the timber electronics? ;):LOL:

OliverW

Legendary member
I've got a new game plan. The BBQ skewers aren't strong enough and keep breaking at the glue joints so I'm gonna have to make some thin sticks for it instead