Willie Nillies GLH 250

OliverW

Legendary member
Ugh. Wing failure. It flew off at full throttle. The wing mounting plate blew off after splitting in half
20200303_160439.jpg

Turbojoe

Elite member
With the bigger motor and extreme power that you're using I'd go with nothing less than aircraft ply rather than lite ply for the wing bolt receiver plate and at least two hold down bolts. Plus ensure it is firmly glued on at least three sides. Based on the picture it looks like the receiver plate wasn't firmly glued into in the fuse on three sides as it failed in the middle. I still don't see a lot of time consuming repair though.

Joe.

OliverW

Legendary member
With the bigger motor and extreme power that you're using I'd go with nothing less than aircraft ply rather than lite ply for the wing bolt receiver plate and at least two hold down bolts. Plus ensure it is firmly glued on at least three sides. Based on the picture it looks like the receiver plate wasn't firmly glued into in the fuse on three sides as it failed in the middle. I still don't see a lot of time consuming repair though.

Joe.
I've got the fuse almost ready to go again. The plate cracked against the side of the fuse.

OliverW

Legendary member
We've never had one fail like that.... over 300 GLH kits shipped out and I bet about 1/2 are flying. Most with our stock recommended setup.

This is with our STOCK recommended 1806 motor and 3 cell 500. Michael gives a very good demonstration of it's abilities and strength as designed. https://youtu.be/OaMXNUoksOY
I think it was all my fault lol!! I think I over tightened the wing bolt!!!