Y6 motors in sync on cleanflight but not on transmitter.

joeyconrad

I've recently done a software update on my Naze32 rev 6 and the motors have become out of sync and are spinning up at different speeds however, when inside cleanflight the motors are in sync. I followed all the steps in josh's video and still they are messed up.

I am currently using:
flite test's power pack D
Spektrum dx6
AR610 receiver

Any suggestions?

sock

Hey Joey,

I'm having a similar issue within Cleanflight all motors spin at the same speed but when I go through my receiver instead three of the motors are roughly at the same speed and one just shuts off. I'm using spektrum dx9 and the AR610 receiver along with the power pack e. I've created are thread about this as well looking to get support I'll let you know if I hear anything.

finnen

A couple of things to keep in mind:

The only real way to test if the motors are synced is through the motor controls in cleanflight. Remove the props and pull up the sliders in sync and see if the motors start at the same time.

If they don't, you need to calibrate the esc's. That should be described in the video.

If they start at the same time when testing like that, don't worry what it does when you actually arm it. At that point the stabilization might do all kinds of funny things with the motors.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Hey Joey,

I'm having a similar issue within Cleanflight all motors spin at the same speed but when I go through my receiver instead three of the motors are roughly at the same speed and one just shuts off.

I completely agree with finnen, but . . .

The three-running-one-stopped is bad. Your MinThrottle isn't high enough. effectively minThrottle is the minimum "on" signal the ESCs can be sent. When you get into flight, if any one of your ESCs can shut off at minThrottle, then at low but not off throttle, that esc can be commanded to "idle" low enough that the ESC will turn "off" . . . and it takes a little time for an ESC to spin back up to idle . . . as you tumble to the ground.

Go back to your motors tab (props off please), and spin up the motors one at a time. Find the lowest throttle each motor runs smoothly at (you should now have one number for each motor). If these are within 10-20 points of each other, the calibration is close enough. Your min throttle should be 10-20 points higher than the highest of these numbers.