You can become a member of the FTCA!

w1lp33

Is there a way to get FTCA member emails resent? I can't seem to find my August email anywhere, the one with the Waco plans. I know I got it, but Gmail seems to think it no longer exists. Any way you think to get a new copy sent?

kilroy07

Legendary member
Is there a way to get FTCA member emails resent? I can't seem to find my August email anywhere, the one with the Waco plans. I know I got it, but Gmail seems to think it no longer exists. Any way you think to get a new copy sent?
I don't think I've gotten any emails... Since the welcome letter.

If these are getting sent out (I thought maybe it was just taking a month or two to get up to speed...) It would be nice if there were an archive...
Or... even a way to make sure my email is correct?... I guess it is because I got the welcome email...

w1lp33

Turns out I had signed up for the FTCA with another email and my Gmail wasn't importing those emails properly. Whoops. Anyways, this would still be a valuable feature for others. Or some sort of central repository as someone else had mentioned.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!

If these are getting sent out (I thought maybe it was just taking a month or two to get up to speed...) It would be nice if there were an archive...
Or... even a way to make sure my email is correct?... I guess it is because I got the welcome email...
The best way to correct possible problems is FTCA Contact..... https://ftca.flitetest.com/contact/

Might also try a PM to @fliteadmin , and @FTCA Director .

Marzipan

well, just joined up as part of the flight crew.

however, as I have no training or experience, I will be happy to be used n abused as a gofer!

if anyone is up to sharing the previous newsletters, please PM me and I'll give you my email address :)

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
well, just joined up as part of the flight crew.

however, as I have no training or experience, I will be happy to be used n abused as a gofer!

if anyone is up to sharing the previous newsletters, please PM me and I'll give you my email address :)
I'm pretty sure that isn't supposed to be shared, friend.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Tagging into Mayans DGA build thread I have pondered joining the FTCA more because I will have to go out in public to try and fly my build when it gets finished. Which also probably means registering with the F.A.A. again since it will surely be over 250g.

Honestly I am still on the fence about this over joining. I have and always will support the hobby and normal thinking people who put forth an effort to actually learn things and not just copy something to meet their end goals. The people who take the time to learn things, actively participate in the hobby (not just the flying) and who would pass forward the little bit of the hobby I know forward to the next age of pilots if the hobby survives.

That said... the first thing holding me back is waiting to see how many Faceboogers join to fly under the FTCA umbrella that only have interest in the hobby for the many stupid you tube tricks they can do. The ones who are not thinking about the hobby and how it looks and effects it when they do said stupid things. That will be what makes FTCA weaker on its merit.

Second is the connection to DJI or any other company like them whos only interest is how much they can profit from the hobby without actually progressing it. DJI has ZERO interest in the hobby side and is only using it as a platform to get in on that regulation they lobby for about "ONLY approved manufacturers can make, sell and REPAIR". Repair is in caps because that is where and how they will literally rape the entire community when that becomes a law. Not to mention there is no way in hell I am paying for a subscription for an internet based tracking company.

Finally I live in the middle of nowhere in a mostly farming community that has zero interest in flying toys. I am one of 3 people I know locally that even own RC aircraft. The need to be part of a CBO other then its a law brings no real value to me standing next to a corn plot or at a local park within walking distance other then standing behind and supporting Flite Test. That is catch 22'd with my second reason and its a real struggle to decide to be honest.

As long as I fly as safely as possible and no body bothers me I'm good. When they do I half expect to be in the news.

chris398mx

Master member

My September letter went to the SPAM folder. Maybe Check there.