12 New Pilots

Yeah, when I see what the common people are commonly sensing I start to think, maybe the kind of sense we consider common is not a necessarily good one haha!

As for the genders thing, eh, it's no big deal to me what gender someone wants to identify as. Literally effects me in no way whatsoever. Other cultures through history had more than two and it didn't destroy them, so like you say; we have bigger fish to fry. But, so many people be like; 'What genitals do you have? Your gender MUST reflect those... What d'you mean you're biologically intersexed? We can't have that, we're gonna make you into a typical woman or man, whether you like it or not)'. So a political movement has been formed in an attempt to get those people to back off and let people be.
***Always remember to say at least one word in your post related to planes to keep these silly discussions from being off-topic.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Funny, these things you just said are an increasingly important part of the school curriculum in California. Who needs algebra anyway?

mastermalpass

Elite member
***Always remember to say at least one word in your post related to planes to keep these silly discussions from being off-topic.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Funny, these things you just said are an increasingly important part of the school curriculum in California. Who needs algebra anyway?

Whoops! I shoulda said 'bigger planes to fly' lol Sorry for hijacking your thread @Reills!

Reills

I get you're just trying to show us the planes but... Care to share the story behind those ships? They look awesome! I used to love making model ships when I was a kid - focussing heavily on 17th and 18th Century warships (I was going to say square-riggers, but remembered the first one I made was a Xebec). They were normally just built from cereal boxes and just sat on the living room floor, but the phase ended with a cereal box ship getting wrapped in tape, painted in hammerite and floated in the local river.

The ships were a project from World History. I was taught a very Euro-centric history. "In 1492 Columbus sailed..." I created mechanical drawings of three ships; the Santa Maria, an Arabian Dhow, and a ship from Zheng He's treasure fleet. The students used these drawings to scale them up and cut (hot wire) styrofoam to approximate the hull shape.

The Santa Maria was about 100' long, square rigged sails (making upwind sailing nigh on impossible). It also had an open hold which made holes in the hull catastrophic. The Arabian Dhow was similarly sized and open below, except it had sails rigged fore and aft which enabled tacking into the wind possible. Zheng He's ship was over 400' long and was compartmentalized below so a hole would get one room wet. Some think Zheng He sailed from China to South America.

Planes.

mastermalpass

Elite member
The ships were a project from World History. I was taught a very Euro-centric history. "In 1492 Columbus sailed..." I created mechanical drawings of three ships; the Santa Maria, an Arabian Dhow, and a ship from Zheng He's treasure fleet. The students used these drawings to scale them up and cut (hot wire) styrofoam to approximate the hull shape.

The Santa Maria was about 100' long, square rigged sails (making upwind sailing nigh on impossible). It also had an open hold which made holes in the hull catastrophic. The Arabian Dhow was similarly sized and open below, except it had sails rigged fore and aft which enabled tacking into the wind possible. Zheng He's ship was over 400' long and was compartmentalized below so a hole would get one room wet. Some think Zheng He sailed from China to South America.

Planes.

I had never heard of Zheng He. I had heard of the treasure ships being huge, seven-masted leviathans but I had to google it to appreciate it. Wow, that must have been a heck of a model!

So the kids are already experienced with hot-wire cutting and large projects? What's going in the air next? 😃