Solved 16 day Halloween build challenge

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
You have 16 days.
Build and fly a spook-tacular fright around your yard/field/school/neighborhood.

40 point max
Attempting it 7 points.
link to the build log 3pt
idea originality - 3 points - (it's been done already -> I've never seen that before)
plans- 5pts (1- mostly buildable from sketch, 5 finished high quality level)
Easy to follow build-log for it - 8 pts (1 start a page and post a pic, 8 good writeup enough for most to follow ensuring to highlight and detail tricky spots.)
fx - 4 pts (lights, Sound, etc.)
Spook factor - 5 pts - 1=look mommy it's a bird!, 5 a group of teen might get spooked.
Proof of flight 5pts (a vid of it leaving the ground, however short - > it flies well)
+5 for FT construction methods. (DTFB, POD, easily repeatable, works with FT motor pod systems)

More than one person can attempt the same idea. good luck and spooky flying

Entry Method:
"I'm scared stupid enough to join FTFC-Spook Challenge 2020"

Entrant Name_FTFSC20
one line description of what you are trying to do.

Here is MY entry:
I'm scared stupid enough to join FTFC-spook challenge 2020
FoamyDM_FTFSC20
I want to make a flying corona virus, because it has the world scared.

Last edited:

FoamyDM

Entrants
FoamyDM - Covid-19 flyer
Litterbug - Attacking Air-Spider
Grizwiz - Flying Jack-o-Lantern

Last edited:

FoamyDM

Capture.PNG
Results
FoamyDM - Covid-19 flyer - 13 pts
Litterbug - Attacking Air-Spider - 28pts
Grizwiz - Flying Jack-o-Lantern - 14 pts

Winner - @LitterBug - Attacking Air-Spider

Last edited:

FoamyDM

I might change my idea to a plane with a lit up face, mounted to a large nutball or something. and when goes into a hover, the magnet switch triggers it to say and mouth "SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT"

Last edited:

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I am not going to claim originality on this, because I have done it before, and one of my spiders actually has seen combat action at Flite Fest! I may opt to use several new modes of motion. I have been wanting to revisit these guys and do a full length video for quite some time so thanks for the incentive and opportunity to have some fun. I am looking for a bigger buddy but here are my current buddies weighing in at 37 and 80 grams.
SpyDurz.jpg

Cheers!
LitterBug

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I think someone needs to reproduce Iron Maidens "Eddie" in a flying version and have it blast "Fear of the Dark" as it flys around. Id try it but I haz ZERO fixed wing skills still not to mention I had to just dump all my saved funds on new computer gear before this system totally gives up its magic smoke.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Another Idea I have is to take a pumpkin shaped trick-or-treat candy collection bucket, and make it fly! FLYING PUMPKINS! WOOT WOOT! I know where the singlecopter is, maybe if I can get the PIDs right finally, this can happen! At a minimum, I know it can take off... controlability is the big question!

IMG_20201015_093107_988.jpg

Hmmmm.... a pumpkin might make a nice faring for a 5" ducted fan or two on a plane.....

LB

Last edited:

GrizWiz

Elite member
Another Idea I have is to take a pumpkin shaped trick-or-treat candy collection bucket, and make it fly! FLYING PUMPKINS! WOOT WOOT! I know where the singlecopter is, maybe if I can get the PIDs right finally, this can happen! At a minimum, I know it can take off... controlability is the big question!

View attachment 181062

Hmmmm.... a pumpkin might make a nice faring for a 5" ducted fan or two on a plane.....

LB
Hmm I like the idea!