2018/19 Build along: Radical RC Stick 400

jaredstrees

Even though I'm not sure I'll have the time for a build (who am I kidding. I'll make time!) I pulled the trigger on a Radical RC stick 400. She's got a 35" wing span, so she should be perfect for the places I fly. Of course, about threes days after I placed it, I get an email saying they are out of stock! Wish their website had mentioned that, might have chosen a MM lucky ace or Dandy GT. Oh well, patience is a virtue, right? Looks like we have a few sticks happening this winter!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Hope they are able to get that kit out to you soon - I haven't built a Radical RC kit yet but I'm very curious about the quality and experience :D

jaredstrees

Well, just got the email that they have received the balsa back from the laser cutter. They hope to have the kits out in a couple weeks.

I decided to order one of their mini stick v2's to pass the time. Unfortunately when the kit arrived it had arrived damaged. They have already sent out a replacement, but we shall see it I have the time for it before the 400 gets in. But fairly pleased with the customer support from Radical RC. Kind of excited, though, first time having a backlog of balsa kits! I'll post the 400 here and make a separate thread for the min, so stay tuned!

jaredstrees

Well, they are still packing the kit for shipment, so it looks as if I will be doing this kit in the 2019 part of the 2018-2019 balsa build off.

In the meantime, the replacement mini stick came in and I got started on that last night. Check out the separate thread for that if you want to follow along.

I'll start this thread back up once we get through the Holidays!