3D Printed Wing - "L3D Wing"

jpot1

Elite member
Sharing my first 3D printed design after hundreds of hours figuring out Fusion360. This is geared to LW-PLA and an F-Pack motor. Printed predominately in vase mode with very few retractions to ensure clean printing. My goal was a simple toss and go wing, easy to hand launch and fun to fly. Super stable at half throttle and it can move at full throttle with a 3s 1300.

Trying the rc3dmarket.com site out if you are interested. Glad to answer any questions.

L3D_wing_logo.jpg

rc3dmarket link below:
https://rc3dmarket.com/jp3dprint-l3d-wing

Flight video:

Attachments

• L3D_wing_logo.jpg
    L3D_wing_logo.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 0

Matagami Designs

Master member
Awesome job. Looks nice and clean and seems to fly well. How well does it slow down? Some day I'll have to design something for LW-PLA but I don't care for all the stringing and haven't tried to figure out how to do the minimal retraction design.

jpot1

Elite member
Awesome job. Looks nice and clean and seems to fly well. How well does it slow down? Some day I'll have to design something for LW-PLA but I don't care for all the stringing and haven't tried to figure out how to do the minimal retraction design.
Thanks @Matagami Designs! It actually slows down fairly well. Not as well as something lighter like a versawing but we’ll enough to land comfortably.

LW-PLA design does take some getting used to. I follow Lockey on rcgroups who has shared some of his approach. It’s basically taking a solid and making cuts for ribs/spars, but ending them prior to breaking through the solid. The nozzle then follows the cuts and the outside of the solid.

This video gives a good example.