Ace GLH 250 - My first balsa build!

TooJung2Die

Master member
Looks like the Eaglet 250's may be shipping soon. Can't wait for mine!
Really?!? Who told you? I asked about the status of the Eaglet 250 and got ignored.
What kind of scheme do you plan on doing for the Eaglet?
I might do like I did to the Mini Simple Cub; Coast Guard livery.
Mini Simple Cub.jpg

Turbojoe

Elite member
Cool, What kind of scheme do you plan on doing for the Eaglet?

Well my very first Eaglet 50 done around 1980 was all blue. I then built 8 more for a local flying club to use as trainers and 4 were all red and 4 were all blue at their request. I'm thinking maybe this time I should try to emulate the box cover with the red and white scheme.

EDIT: Shoot! Now ya made me go and e-mail Doug to add a second Eaglet 250 to my order so I could also do the Thunderbirds theme I did on the all balsa Eaglet 50.

Joe

Last edited:

L Edge

Master member
If you have ever had a hot TD .049 in a GLH it was one of your best memory's. Chuck it into to the air and hang on. 3 mins of sheer enjoyment and knee knocken fun. You had no choice but to wait for its fuel supply to run out and keep in competition or flight. If you had it tuned right you could take it vertical and to lean out the motor and land in a proper manor, Great airplane the GLH you will love it if you can keep up with it.

Actually, if the fuel pickup line is metal tubing, it's fixed on the bottom of the tank. So to shut it off anytime, just roll it inverted and it dies within a couple of seconds since the metal tubing isn't moving. Speeds were upper 90's to lower 100's.

Turbojoe

Elite member
First section is covered, the covering is a little dirty could I use rubbing alcohol to clean it off or could that eat away at the covering? Would acetone also be safe?

Always test first on scrap covering but alcohol should be fine. Acetone should be fine as well but ONLY on the shiny side. It'll likely remove the adhesive/color side.

Joe