Andre's FPV Vapor

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
I don't know what it is... It seems like every time I fly the Vapor FPV the wind blows me into a bush or tree.... maybe there is a foliage magnet in those vapors :p

Where I fly it all I have is grass, cars , and houses, so normally it ends up in concreat. I normally try to aim toward the grass.. I definitely can aim my ladnings better via non fpv.

I wanted to put the camera on my scout but it may be pushing the distance. I need to get a helical antena.

I have started putting the plane in a location I know where to look for it then putting my goggles on my four head for landing. I have better control third person in regards to dept perception.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
This should be interesting specially since I've not flown fpv in a year and that camera has a real narrow field of view.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
So I flew the Vapor in FPV mode last night.

Well by flew I mean the wind was so strong I was going backwards the whole time.
Oh well. Maybe later this week ;)

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
So I flew the Vapor in FPV mode last night.

Well by flew I mean the wind was so strong I was going backwards the whole time.
Oh well. Maybe later this week ;)

I know that happened to me I started drifting over the houses to the other street. I had to put her in a dive to get below the houses to get out of the wind. Also if there is any wind you have to get up atlas 20 feet or so high because the wind makes it randomly drop a few feet. I have found the wind limit is about 2 mph. I use UAV forecast to tell when I can or can not fly..

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
Yeah it's like a powered kite ;)

Unfortunately if I end up breaking a motor shaft I may just scrap it. I initially bought my vapor for it's camera and receiver brick so the airframe was just a bonus.

Guess what Andre?

I ran into a hand rail and broke the prop shaft exactly where you did :(

As I was stripping the camera, motor, and control board off it got me thinking... Instead of scrapping it completely I decided to marry my broken V911 heli guts, syma X5 gearbox, and syma X5C prop...The bad news is it won't work with my DX6i anymore. The good news is it should have enough power to hover now ;)

I'll let you know how the crash...I mean maiden goes.

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
Mine is still kicking after i broke a gear and tge main support poll. Replaced tge gear. Also have 2 extra shafts and extra props..