Beginner in need of help with Long Range RC and FPV

jashtiani

Hi, I am a part of a small startup that is building a prototype of a drone for the military. I am new to RC, but I know that I need to use long range components. I will have two cameras on board the aircraft. One for a turret style camera and one facing forward for a pilot to control. I would like the system to be long range, but I am not sure what the best equipment to purchase would be (Should I get the dragon link or XLRS_D2 receiver ) and what kind of controller should I get?

What kind of antennas should I get?

I will be using 7 JR servos. What receiver will be able to handle all of these?

How do I hook all of this up?

For FPV, what kind of equipment is needed to get the video output looking like this video (for main camera facing forward for pilot control)?

Please help! I am completely lost on this!

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
I'm a little confused. You/your company is making a drone for the military but you don't already know about drones and the surrounding tech?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Beginner and long range are two things not well suited for the same sentence. Specially with all the people without experience trying to fly long range before they even know how to control the aircraft effectively. I would suggest you grab a tiny trainer and learn to fly that THEN use it for a test bed as you grow and learn before you dive right into a major project like it sounds you are pondering.

thomashyland

Beginner and long range are two things not well suited for the same sentence. Specially with all the people without experience trying to fly long range before they even know how to control the aircraft effectively. I would suggest you grab a tiny trainer and learn to fly that THEN use it for a test bed as you grow and learn before you dive right into a major project like it sounds you are pondering.

I agree. Beginner and Long Range don't go together. Especially for a "military" startup with no experience. I will not pass on any of my knowledge here. :confused:

thomashyland

Hi, I am a part of a small startup that is building a prototype of a drone for the military. I am new to RC, but I know that I need to use long range components. I will have two cameras on board the aircraft. One for a turret style camera and one facing forward for a pilot to control. I would like the system to be long range, but I am not sure what the best equipment to purchase would be (Should I get the dragon link or XLRS_D2 receiver ) and what kind of controller should I get?

What kind of antennas should I get?

I will be using 7 JR servos. What receiver will be able to handle all of these?

How do I hook all of this up?

For FPV, what kind of equipment is needed to get the video output looking like this video (for main camera facing forward for pilot control)?

Please help! I am completely lost on this!

You sir, are terrible at using the internet and search engines.

damouav

Yes, I to have a project for a defence force some where in the world and need to understand whats;

1. drone
2. battery
3. flight....
:(

BigShooter

We are having a similar problem at my start-up company. We're designing a new submarine for the Navy; but, nobody here knows the first thing about ship building or water. We always just find what we need to know on internet forums and chat rooms. It's top secret. So, don't tell anyone

Last edited: