Build log FTFC21 Seaplane build challenge Boeing B and W 1916

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
For this seaplane build challenge, and btw, for the Bush Plane challenge too probably, I will be making this Boeing B and W 1916.
Since so many news now are about the Boeing 737 max, I decided to instead of going through the future of Boeing, go to its less well known past.
This was Boeing Aircraft Corporations first plane. I will be building it as a 3 or 4 channel RC plane
1618620570448.png

I like the lines of this plane, and found a RC model that looks similar. this will be 30 inches in wingspan and should be a floaty flier. I will be changing the balsa design I first took it off, and making it better. Updates about weekly at least if not daily when I am working on it alot.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Here is what I got for now. this is SketchUp. Any tips would be nice. thinking of how to make the curved top.

Attachments

• 2021-04-17.png
    2021-04-17.png
    175.6 KB · Views: 0

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
HEY I WANTED TO DESIGN THAT ONE....:mad::mad::mad:
:unsure::unsure::unsure: ACTUALLY I DON"T HAVVE TIME TO... SO ILL LET YOU DO THE WORK FOR ME:cool:.
A CUTE LITTLE PLANE SHE IS, NEWZEALANDS FIRST MAIL PLANE IF I REMEBER CORRECTLY....

I THINK HER NAME SHOULD BE fliegendes

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
HEY I WANTED TO DESIGN THAT ONE....:mad::mad::mad:
:unsure::unsure::unsure: ACTUALLY I DON"T HAVVE TIME TO... SO ILL LET YOU DO THE WORK FOR ME:cool:.
A CUTE LITTLE PLANE SHE IS, NEWZEALANDS FIRST MAIL PLANE IF I REMEBER CORRECTLY....

I THINK HER NAME SHOULD BE fliegendes
I just realized that I do not know how to design a wing in sketchup, and the wing supports. I will see some things that I can change later. if you like this, @Matthewdupreez could you build one too and give me feedback later?

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
I know, I just fell better with plans. anyways what I plan on doing is making plans, and then printing them out like 1/5 scale and scaling everything up. less paper wasted.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
What computer are you running? that battery indicator in the bottom is different than what I'm used to.
LENOVO IDEAPAD 3 15INCH. Just been working. some new updates. tried unfolding diffferently. some more work, but more accurate and no reported errors in the system. decided on a 30 inch WS, even though the mini scout, a monoplane, is 25, for the fuselage to even just FIT the mm power pod, it has to be that size.

Attachments

• Screenshot (27).png
    Screenshot (27).png
    87.7 KB · Views: 0

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
I have quite a problem here. while making the tail I realizzed htat ofr it to be the same size as a scaled p mm scout at 30 inches ws, I had to elarg it by 200%. what shoudl I do about that?

I have quite a problem here. while making the tail I realizzed htat ofr it to be the same size as a scaled p mm scout at 30 inches ws, I had to elarg it by 200%. what shoudl I do about that?
What I usually do - if it makes sense - if I'm working off of full-size plane plans I'll draw it up to scale, and then enlarge the tail surfaces a bit to be safe. Some here try to do everything exactly to scale. I supposed in many cases they're successful, but enlarging them is safe.

Enlarge them a bit and then compare with the other plane your looking at. Then use your best judgment. Critical Drinker says "Eh, don't worry, it'll be fine." Words to live by.