Bush Plane Challenge III, 2022

AgentC

Elite member
Got my twin brother here from South Africa, so with that and the constant wind, haven't had a chance to fly and film my attempts yet. Even though the contest is over, I still think I might give it a go, just to see how (un)successful I'll be!
Build, fly, crash, repeat!

william Metge

Well, I guess it's over for me. I was able to make a plane ready and fly it well, but this summer has been real busy for me and I was unable to test it.

william Metge

Here's my video of my 4th Draco.

The camera went dead in first part of the video
so I didn't get the whole flight of my brother flying it.

I had to hand launch because I didn't have a good runway
I will post another video soon.
In the first flight more than the second, it looked pretty tail heavy to me. It kept dropping the tail to the point of a stall and spiral straight at the ground. In the second flight it looked smoother, but it was still pretty apparent that it was tail heavy, other than that, it looked pretty promising. The stall is pretty violent, but it should be fine if the CG is pushed forward.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Well, I guess it's over for me. I was able to make a plane ready and fly it well, but this summer has been real busy for me and I was unable to test it.
You ever get 'er out of the tree? Lol

Likewise! Super darn busy, haven't flown much myself. Been out of service for a few days.

Last edited:

Hondo76251

Legendary member
@Scotto good job, those planes look great! Love the GIF's, didnt even know you could do that on here! 🤔 I'll get the videos watched when i get in tonight.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
@AgentC Good job! I wasn't even in service for the last few days so I'm late too lol.

Dont think we'll be too hard set on the exact deadline times, I'm so busy myself I havent got mine posted either.

If anyone's got planes or videos near completion go ahead and post them, was going to put a little compilation video together after its all said and done.

Corsair RC

In the first flight more than the second, it looked pretty tail heavy to me. It kept dropping the tail to the point of a stall and spiral straight at the ground. In the second flight it looked smoother, but it was still pretty apparent that it was tail heavy, other than that, it looked pretty promising. The stall is pretty violent, but it should be fine if the CG is pushed forward.
In the first flight my brother was purposely doing all those aerobatics.
In the second flight I was flying it.
It isn't with the rules, but it's the best I could do.

Scotto

Elite member
@AgentC Good job! I wasn't even in service for the last few days so I'm late too lol.

Dont think we'll be too hard set on the exact deadline times, I'm so busy myself I havent got mine posted either.

If anyone's got planes or videos near completion go ahead and post them, was going to put a little compilation video together after its all said and done.
How about a 2 month extension?

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
If the few people that already finished are ok with it then I'm all for an extension. I bet we could all put up some good competition this year and make it interesting.
I feel like this challenge hasn't been getting nearly as much attention as it deserves, and if allowing a few more people to participate will help then that would be amazing.

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Well, i guess if @Scotto is ok with an extension I am too.

I didn't get much done in this event either and I've still got a simple cub and a Tudor to build!

I think we've got a good set of challenges now but i know, at least for me, most of my building and flying is in the fall when things slow down a bit.

Hows that work for everyone?

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Well, i guess if @Scotto is ok with an extension I am too.

I didn't get much done in this event either and I've still got a simple cub and a Tudor to build!

I think we've got a good set of challenges now but i know, at least for me, most of my building and flying is in the fall when things slow down a bit.

Hows that work for everyone?
If there was an extension I would enter.
As I've finally got my landings greased.😁😂