C-47 from 13th Squadron

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Hi folks,

I just finished building the C-47 from 13th Squadron and wanted to say thank you to them for sharing the design and to encourage those folks who are jonesin' for a new FT Master Series release to give their planes a look.

I don't know anything about the father/son design combo (other than what is listed on their website) and didn't see many other references to them on the web, but the plans were excellent. They don't have any build instructions (other than a handful of build photos) so its a bit like assembling a puzzle without the picture on the box. However, if you like a challenge and go slowly, you'll be rewarded with a unique plane that looks great. I can't speak to the flying characteristics yet because it's too wet outside, but I've already started cutting the foam for their Mosquito.
20201116_163540[1].jpg 20201116_163521[1].jpg
Much obliged to them. On to the next plane.

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Only briefly and painfully (due to pilot error) last week. You can tell by the smushed nose. I had the elevator adjusted wrong and put her into the ground...hard. I've just rebuilt the wing and added the three-bladed props. Now, I'm just waiting on the weather to cooperate.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Only briefly and painfully (due to pilot error) last week. You can tell by the smushed nose. I had the elevator adjusted wrong and put her into the ground...hard. I've just rebuilt the wing and added the three-bladed props. Now, I'm just waiting on the weather to cooperate.
Oh no was the elevator reversed?

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Yup. Reversed servos make for a quick flight. However, the weather is supposed to break later this week and decals from Callie are supposed to arrive soon. Hopefully I'll have some better footage to share soon.

CrshNBrn

Elite member
If you have prior experience with building Master Series planes, it shouldn't be too bad. I was worried about missing steps until it was too late, so I wound up almost putting it entirely together first without glue. Go slow and make sure you know where all the pieces go first. If you need the comfort of instructions or those great videos, you may want to hold off for a while.

I did have to rip out the large center panel on top of the wing (the plans have it marked for the bottom...hmm?) to work the ESC wires through the wing, but that was my only major screwup. Its just foamboard, right?

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I've never ordered anything from Callie. do you pic our the plane, and then pick out the scale. and then choose from the options (like nose art or USAF or RAF etc.)

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Pretty much. You have to do a math story problem to figure out the scale of your plane (here's the link to Callie's Scale Help page) and then you can pick out the design you want. Usually there's several for each plane, and they come as a complete set (insignia, nose art, nomenclature, etc.) While it adds to the overall cost of your plane (and it sucks if/when they crash), the decals really adds an element of scale coolness, especially with those Master Series planes.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Hi folks,

I just finished building the C-47 from 13th Squadron and wanted to say thank you to them for sharing the design and to encourage those folks who are jonesin' for a new FT Master Series release to give their planes a look.

I don't know anything about the father/son design combo (other than what is listed on their website) and didn't see many other references to them on the web, but the plans were excellent. They don't have any build instructions (other than a handful of build photos) so its a bit like assembling a puzzle without the picture on the box. However, if you like a challenge and go slowly, you'll be rewarded with a unique plane that looks great. I can't speak to the flying characteristics yet because it's too wet outside, but I've already started cutting the foam for their Mosquito.
View attachment 183490 View attachment 183489
Much obliged to them. On to the next plane.
@CrshNBrn beautiful build!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
you might like this.. Its off google maps one town over from me at the National Warplane Museum. EDIT: I just read that the C7 pictured below was the lead ship for the second wave on D day. I REALLY need to get over there for some pics and a tour this spring when they open back up.

Anyone interested this plane tours the states and they do schedule rides in it if anyone is interested.

C-47.jpg

Last edited:

Tench745

Master member
you might like this.. Its off google maps one town over from me at the National Warplane Museum. EDIT: I just read that the C7 pictured below was the lead ship for the second wave on D day. I REALLY need to get over there for some pics and a tour this spring when they open back up.

Anyone interested this plane tours the states and they do schedule rides in it if anyone is interested.

View attachment 183687

Good ol' Whiskey 7. They did a flyover of most of the state to honor medical staff at the start of all this Covid stuff. Flew right over my house. The only thing cooler was when W7 and their B-17 did daily fly-overs of Conesus lake when we rented a cottage there.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Good ol' Whiskey 7. They did a flyover of most of the state to honor medical staff at the start of all this Covid stuff. Flew right over my house. The only thing cooler was when W7 and their B-17 did daily fly-overs of Conesus lake when we rented a cottage there.

The B-17 is no long at that address :(:cry: I saw that listed on their web page but it drops a 404 error when you go to the b-17 stuff. I no longer see it on google maps satellite either.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!

Im pretty lucky. When they do their yearly air show all the planes come out over my way and some even pass right over where I fly doing warm up routines and getting lined up for their runs at the actual show. I have lots of photos sitting on the hard drive I cant access in a folder right next to all my music I acquired when I dj'd for an internet gaming radio station years back.