Controller board Possitioning.

Vimanse

Hi everyone....I am new to forums i already new about FT but didn't spend any time here.
i have a question for very smart people out there.As you know Dji Inspire i have a fancy ballscrew landing flapping kind of thingy for landing and its known that it bad to place FCB away from cg but it seems that inspire doesn't effected by it.I have a little knowledge about arduino but i ask you many APM,KK,and many other Developers out there that.is there a way to compensate this is Software if the offset is known???If so how.
Thanks in advance.cheeerzz
-V

helinor

What axis offset are you talking about...? The inspire looks to have the controller in the middle of the frame. Only Z-axis is affected when LG goes up/down, and that is also in the middle with LG up...?

Vimanse

If i am right right control board should be in the middle of CG.since inspire goes up and down it offsets itself from the cg.

helinor

CG on X and Y axis is more important to be right than Z axis... and, as I said in the earlier post, when LG goes up on the Inspire the controller is in the middle..... Most bigger quads I have seen has motors above controller location, just like Inspire 1