Help! Dumas 302 30" Gee Bee E Power Pack Selection

hitjim

Hey folks!

I'm planning a RC conversion of a 30" Gee Bee Model E by Dumas. It's been done before but with some out-of-date HobbyKing gear. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/sho...e-Model-E-Rubber-to-Electric-Conversion/page2

I figured I'd try a Power Pack A. Worst case, this is a bad fit and I have an extra motor and ESC for later :)

I'm not too worried about the FT 20A ESC or the 4x 5g servos.

But I got the 1806 2280kv motor and Tattu 3S 11.1V 850 mAh 75C battery as they were recommended for planes like the FT Mighty Mini Mustang.

What got me second guessing my selection was the 6x3 props in Power Pack A for the FT MM Mustang, while in the RCGroups thread he used a 8x4 or 7x6 prop.

I'm not planning for 3D or even super high speed. I might do a loop or roll on occasion.

IMG_20200523_141533288_HDR.jpg IMG_20200523_141705353_HDR.jpg

I doing something similar but a little over double the size (approximately 72" wingspan). The biggest thing you want to figure out, is how much the model is going to weigh at the end which can be difficult when converting from a different construction type. I would guess that what you are doing will be ok.

I see that this is from a while back. How is the build going?

hitjim

I doing something similar but a little over double the size (approximately 72" wingspan). The biggest thing you want to figure out, is how much the model is going to weigh at the end which can be difficult when converting from a different construction type. I would guess that what you are doing will be ok.

I see that this is from a while back. How is the build going?

I'd love to do a Gee Bee Z sometime in the future around 50-70" span. I'll watch out for your build. Hope it goes well :D