FAA Approved Remote ID List?

kpixels

Antigravity or bust...
This is the FAA declaration of compliance
As shown on the FT Store product page for the FT EZ ID:

View attachment 240050
I just ordered one of these for my recreational birds. Can't even renew my rec registration without some RID solution (hurl). Trying to figure out if I can, or how to use these to un-obsolete my commercial DJI drones without drilling holes and stuff. Will be experimenting...

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I have not been able to find FCC or FAA approval for the FT EZ ID. Maybe it has been submitted but not approved???? It should be on the FAA Web site here https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs. It also has no FCC or FAA markings on the board.

The FAA compliance currently shown in the store
ft-ez-id-doc.jpg

is for this drone

Screenshot_20230916-211401.png

The Spectrum module for example has makings right on the module
1694950931760.png

And has the following FAA compliance
Screenshot_20230917-073750.png

Thomas B

I just ordered one of these for my recreational birds. Can't even renew my rec registration without some RID solution (hurl). Trying to figure out if I can, or how to use these to un-obsolete my commercial DJI drones without drilling holes and stuff. Will be experimenting...
Even though the FAA made it a little confusing, you can still renew your FAA registration without a serial number for your RID. If I recall correctly, you can still put in “none” and keep going. Or there is some other workaround.

CappyAmeric

Elite member
I have not been able to find FCC or FAA approval for the FT EZ ID. Maybe it has been submitted but not approved???? It should be on the FAA Web site here https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs. It also has no FCC or FAA markings on the board.

The FAA compliance currently shown in the store
View attachment 240062

is for this drone

View attachment 240061

The Spectrum module for example has makings right on the module
View attachment 240063

And has the following FAA compliance
View attachment 240064
I suspect that the drone is using an FT EZ ID. It is likely that the DOC for FT EZ ID is simply not posted on the FAA site. The Gummint isn't quick you know.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
...The Gummint isn't quick you know.
Except when they want something from you. Like pay your taxes, obey the new regulations. They can delay, delay, delay and then demand immediate compliance.

I've seen years when the tax form I needed wasn't even published until a few days before the return was due. Did they extend a filing period, no, the expected you to be timely even though they were late.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I suspect that the drone is using an FT EZ ID. It is likely that the DOC for FT EZ ID is simply not posted on the FAA site. The Gummint isn't quick you know.
That is what I am hoping. I did find more documentation on the board for wiring it to an FC. Posted that info on the other thread.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
My guess is an FAA glitch, if past performance is an indication. I did a SN look up for my FT EZ ID at https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs and got this response: "X Serial Number XXXXFREMXXXXXXXXXXX was not located in the database. Please try another serial number." BTW, it showed my SN, I just Xed it out.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
My guess is an FAA glitch, if past performance is an indication. I did a SN look up for my FT EZ ID at https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs and got this response: "X Serial Number XXXXFREMXXXXXXXXXXX was not located in the database. Please try another serial number." BTW, it showed my SN, I just Xed it out.
Yup. I get the same. I have reached out to FT to see where they are on getting it approved. Others on rcgroups forums were wondering the same a few months ago when it was announced. Other than certification, it does what it is supposed to.

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
Yup. I get the same. I have reached out to FT to see where they are on getting it approved. Others on rcgroups forums were wondering the same a few months ago when it was announced. Other than certification, it does what it is supposed to.
Hmmm... If it's not certified are we complying with the regs? That's the only reason I bought it. Pretty sure my fria will be denied.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
It will all be good. This is just a dream. Still haven't heard FRIA status on the AMA field a mile from my house where I do 99% of my flying. I am more concerned about all the neighborhoods popping up and getting closer to our field. Only a matter of time before we will need to find a new place.

Last edited:

Mr NCT

Site Moderator
It will all be good. This is just a dream. Still haven't heard FRIA status on the AMA field a mile from my house where I do 99% of my flying. I am more concerned about all the neighborhoods popping up and getting closer to our field. Only a matter of time before we will need to find a new place.
I hear you. The full size airport I fly at WAS out in the country and in 20 years it's now totally surrounded. The development of the east end of the runway had to disclose to buyers that the middle of the development was only 100 yards from the airport. We still get people coming over and complaining!

CappyAmeric

Elite member
Hmmm... If it's not certified are we complying with the regs?

Have you checked the back of you phone to make sure it is FCC compliant? I

If you have a Remote ID module that reports your serial number a few hundred feet out by Bluetooth you are complying. Notice you don't even have to make sure that it is working well - just that it works. t is the joke that you can bury these things deep in an aircraft. After it gets a GPS lock, you can wrap it in faraday cloth and technically you are still compliant.

The FAA is not very sophisticated, believe me - which is why this is all just bureaucratic overreach. They honestly don't really know what they are going to do with it all... yet.

CappyAmeric

Elite member
I'll stick with FT as my solution. I think they did pretty good considering. And I know they don't like this crap any more than I do.
If you are going to buy a module, it should be FT EZ ID. Supporting FT is one way you can at least have a small moral victory against an overreaching government. FT, FTCA, FPVFC, Race Day Quads, etc. worked hard for the hobby, and should be rewarded for that effort. I applaud them.

P.S. I cancelled my AMA membership for the same reason.

Thomas B

I’m going with the Dronetag BS unit for my smaller models that are above 250g and the Spektrum SkyID unit for my larger models. The introductory price for the SkyID unit (69.99)mis only 20 bucks more that the stand-alone Spektrum GPS telemetry module, which I have been wanting to get, anyway. The SkyID can also send you GPS data while it functions as an RID, if you are a Spektrum telemetry user.

With the two mentioned above, plus the FT unit there are only about two other units on the approved list that are sort of in the suitability zone for RC aircraft: the as of yet unseen Futaba unit and the Blue