Failed builds, Bad Crashes....Post Pics

Gravity is a Cruel Mistress

She took my home made F-22 foamie and broke it's neck.

F22.1.JPG F22.2.JPG

Thankfully though it's an easy enough repair :)

F22.4.JPG

Here's a link to the little bit of video footage we got.

http://youtu.be/bjyxNPJmZf0

Last edited:

jrooth

I got into RC airplane about 18 months ago. Been flying 1:1 scale gliders (mostly Discus and (Duo) Ventus) for a while and always thought that RC was a bit too geeky. But I noticed after buying my first RC plane that it is really cool. RC flying is a complete life-cycle - circle of life of pieces of foam. Buy, Build, Fly, Crash, Repair, Fly, Repair, Fly, Repair, Buy and so on.

My first airplane looked like this,
photo.JPG

Then like this,
photo2.JPG

And then like this... hey! It flew fine!
photo3.JPG

Until this...
photo4.JPG

Seriously. Flying RC is a lot harder than flying "real" airplanes. And it is also alot more expensive :)

fwa2500

Ramp Rat
had a bit of a hard and fast landing in some tall-ish grass and broke the h-stab off.....oops :black_eyed: :D

img20120402200855.jpg

picking up some carbon rod tomorrow. bent planes end up as better planes!:cool:

Air Force One

FT-22 Maiden

i spent about 3 hours perfecting the FT 22, i added a FPV system for its maiden and some LEDs. the first flight was pretty terrible, i threw it by the wing and crashed it into a tree. second try was with dad, he threw it evenly by both wingtips and it flew for about a second before the FT Elements Simple Firewall exploded and the prop cut the foam up. after i got home and fixed everything, it looked like the plane has been trashed. the nose was crumpled and i am thinking of going to a larger field next tome to stop it from flying into trees. nice design though, i loved building it and testing the FPV.
PS: if you want cheap, risky electronics, go to hobbyking. i bought the 4 channel transmitter for 40 dollars and when i closed the throttle+trim all the way, the motor still spun, the local hobby shop owner said it was a faulty transmitter not getting enough throttle range. i ended up using the transmitter from the Twister heli and the receiver, that worked.