Failed builds, Bad Crashes....Post Pics

JohnnyArctic

flying at low light, literally a silhouette against the sky, i lost orientation and slammed my sukhoi straight into the ground.. and i was quite a way away into the distance! was a great evening flying, but it literally broke my plane beyond repair.

3DMad5

I Like SBach 342's
I was out one not-so-fine afternoon, when all of a sudden and for no apparent reason, my ultra micro T-28 slammed, nose-first, into the ground. Check out the carnage:
IMG_2938.JPG

I removed the electronics because I will be converting it to brushless.(evil grin here)

RCD

This one crashed into a tree. :( Before and after

Attachments

• 2011-03-13_20.47.03.jpg
    2011-03-13_20.47.03.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • 2011-03-22_19.44.48.jpg
    2011-03-22_19.44.48.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
My uncle is a professional pilot, and used to fly rc's about 14 years ago. I brought a couple planes to a family gathering and handed him my transmitter to see if he still had it....

Guess I found my answer, haha!

Bipe Damage.jpg Bipe Damage 2.jpg
*note the big branch that actually impaled the fuselage*

Oh, and here's the after, all fixed:
283917_577846056651_194002457_32053829_8151802_n.jpg

Left the big hole in the fuselage. I'm calling it a speed hole. Makes the bipe go atleast 14% faster now.
Oh, and I let my uncle keep the rubber duck pilot. That little guy just isn't cut out for flight.
-Jeff

Crashed this guy for the first time on my birthday last year:
Messerschmitt Damage.jpg

I then proceeded to fix and recrash it atleast 5 more times. It's currently in the hanger waiting patiently for me to bury into the ground again. It's probably a half pound heavier now from all the balsa reinforcement strips and epoxy :D
-Jeff

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Well, the first one doesn´t look to bad after your repairs!

I guess your dad will need some sim(ulator) time :D:D

I really enjoy the Pitts, think it was only $85 at HobbyKing too. Awesome flier once you get it setup nice. It replaced a destroyed Supercub in my hangar.
Oh and it had a few other crashes before that last one too, including a good impact with a police car. It's really hard for me to throw away an airframe when I have so any bottles of foam-safe ca & epoxy :p
-Jeff

glydr

How many letters do we ge
My heli went in after 'tucking under' on the dive out of a big loop. sigh.

Photos to come.