Failed builds, Bad Crashes....Post Pics

BigDon

My brother clearing some space in his shed!!! This plane tormented him for years and he finally decided to put it out of it's misery.....

glydr

How many letters do we ge
Promised photo of heli...

IMG_7898.JPG

Might not look too bad but in there is a;

1. sheared feathering shaft with associated head damage
2. snapped frame
3. dead boom (obviously)
4. bent main shaft
5. cracked main gear

the list goes on...

Basically I've stripped it for parts and am moving the gear to a spare airframe.

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH!

That is basically most of the important components isn´t it, so you practically had to take it apart completely!!!

Unlucky mate but good luck with the rebuild :)

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor

View attachment 2303

2. snapped frame
3. dead boom (obviously)
4. bent main shaft
5. cracked main gear

the list goes on...

Basically I've stripped it for parts and am moving the gear to a spare airframe.

I feel your pain. Even a not so bad crash is usually 50 bucks. When I was first learning, I was literally spending 50 bucks a crash to fix my Blade 400.

glydr

How many letters do we ge
Thanks for the kind words there.

It doesn't have to be terribly expensive. I fly the Blade 400 which isn't the world's most popular heli but isn't a bad one either when fitted out with decent equipment. So from time to time I'll buy a cheap second hand one which comes with spare parts. As a result I have a load of parts for not much and have been able to get a new airframe together without visiting the shop.

Recently I sold a Blade 400 over ebay which I built entirely from parts. I haven't been keeping a tally but that went a long way to covering heli purchase costs.

I'm also a careful flyer. A good friend while learning would have a $20-$30 crash every 3 weeks or so because he'd push his limits. He learned very quick and is awesome to watch. I don't push my limits so hard which means less/ no crashes - but my progression is slower (only moving onto tic-tocs after flips, inverted and all manner of FFF). I've been flying CP helis for a few years and have only had 3 crashes. The first and second were due to equipment failure (which _is_ my fault for not keeping a good eye on components and setup). The above crash is the first which I could have saved if I had more competent thumbs.

Hoping to have a heli flying tomorrow!

G

PS - In fact my biggest disappointment was that I had one of my better flight packs installed at the time, rather than one of the older ones which aren't giving as much punch! Said flight pack did its best to become a taco. :(

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin

View attachment 2303

2. snapped frame
3. dead boom (obviously)
4. bent main shaft
5. cracked main gear

the list goes on...

And the problem with heli's that is a typical crash repair list.

I got VERY good at swapping out main shafts and feathering shafts.

fred0000

I have little interest in flying planes, but i'm eager to get my skills up with the helicopters.

383096_10151099218370271_575045270_22498838_138285052_n.jpg

387397_10151099223610271_575045270_22498881_754071254_n.jpg

blade let go while sitting on the ground, hand was no where near the throttle stick or cut, this heli did the funky chicken and wadded itself up pretty good

299869_10150868562240271_575045270_21456390_1079469223_n.jpg

fred0000

flying again, aswell as a 2nd, wasn't the first crash, and I am pretty sure it wont be the last, i'm having alot of fun with these heli's, all of these crash pics are great, thanks everyone for sharing.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
flying again, aswell as a 2nd, wasn't the first crash, and I am pretty sure it wont be the last, i'm having alot of fun with these heli's, all of these crash pics are great, thanks everyone for sharing.

It will only be your last crash if you stop flying. I lost count of how many times my Blade 400 has done the funky chicken. I love my helicopters though. Very rewarding when you start to get the hang of it.