Flite Fest 2015 Volunteers Area

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor

BG thank you for the first good laugh of the day! Just calling the monkey "Sir" . . . oh that's funny!

Yeah, you grasped the puppetmaster situation correctly. And absolutely, you're going to get to know us and vice-versa a WHOLE lot better ;) Last year the night before a good sized group of us hung out at a campfire and shot the breeze. A "mixer" is definitely going to happen, organized or not.

As far as the dept to work in obviously do a first aid tent with crash next to crafty dans build tent so that way we can help with that when not needed.

. . . so apparently you didn't see the pics of last year's First Aid tent:

http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?10909-Sharing-my-content-from-Flite-Fest-Share-yours!/page2

There were a handful of radios walking the line and the volunteers were encouraged to keep an eye out for anything needing aid and move it up to a radio as quickly as possible. The "first aid" area became a bit of a ghost town, partially because the events were minor and infrequent, but more because issues were handled on the spot not at a "tent". This year, we might move the "spot" to one corner of the build area, so getting someone's attention will be easy, then give you guys a tent to go to work in a few steps away, in case you need it. (yes, Monkey, that's my thinly veiled ploy to fold the EMT guys into my build team . . . Muhahaahahahhah!!!)

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
*************************** PLEASE READ ****************************

Registration volunteers will be provided with coffee via a coffee maker in the registration tent!.

You won't get that if you are parking cars or assisting in the build tent!!!

hmmm . . . gonna hafta step up my game then . . . . Hot coffee you say . . . those in the build tent are provided with Hot Glue!!!!

abieex

Mentor
The parking crew is on the opposite end of the property and therefore farthest from the Monkey Cage. Less supervision, no rules, more fun and lots of time to listen to my interesting stories!! Coffee aint everything!

abieex

Mentor
The parking crew receives a free 8x10 colored glossy of me in my FT shirt!! (he says, gladly accepting the parking job!)

abieex

Mentor
What are we doing to each other? I'm horrified! Monkey has reduced us to a pile of pathetic puddin', this one upsmanship has to stop!! That being said I will wear a shirt.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
FTFF15 Build Tent Team

Hey guys, thanks for volunteering to help out with this year's event. I'm excited to announce that your team leader will be Dan (CraftyDan) and a yet unannounced assistant. Dan worked way too many hours last year, and hopefully we'll be able to get him some more time away from the tent, or at least some time at one of the tables for himself, and not just helping others.

Check back here often for updates, and for those who have been through this before feel free to post suggestions. New folks, please don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have.

Looking forward to Flite Fest this year. See you there!

Fred

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I'm throwing my hat in the ring to help out in the build tent this year.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
So, dumb question...why is it that the Build Tent volunteers don't have their own thread?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
So, dumb question...why is it that the Build Tent volunteers don't have their own thread?

Who can fathom the ways of the monkey? It's is like a blowing wind . . . From where, I'll leave up to the reader's imagination ;)

Dunno. I'll start a thread in a day or two, but like Flying Cirkus, I'll take those who are interested, but until I get some details ironed out I'm not going to actively organize.

We've got time yet, and I've got some fun ideas in mind . . . I've got a feeling that we'll be able to schedule with plenty of "off time" for those in the build area, but quite a few of us are going to want to hang out and help during our "off time" too :)

Welcome aboard Dan -- you'll love it ;)

Last edited:

Trimax

to all volunteers it comes at no suprise that the registration team (little letters) makes themselves look like there a greater Team then the Parking Team by providing coffee and shade dont be fooled by their trickery. The Parking Team has a great time meeting the people aswell plus we get to enjoy the Sunshine (who wants to live in a cave)

Last edited:

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Whatever you guys say . . . sun poising and seeing hundreds of faces once with a long line so you can't chat . . .

I just know when free time comes around, all the cool kids will be hanging out under the big tent, doing cool stuff.

Don't have to be on the right team to come hang out, but it helps ;)