Flite Fest 2016 Volunteers

allenajs

.... but Andre mentioned he had AT&T service out there when he was over there last month, ....

THAT right there is GREAT news because my AT&T cell service was horrible there last year. Verizon wifi hotspot was fine but my cell was almost non-useful at all. Curious if he hit it on a good day when the winds were blowing right or if AT&T actually put up some new antennas. Being out of contact from work for that long is just painful.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Looking good but a new request!

Good morning you super bunch of volunteers.

We've been filling the gaps nicely. Thank you.

I still have some big openings I need to fill and today a new role was created.

FPV Support.

If you are interested in helping out with the FPV events please drop me a note andre@flitetest.com

I am looking for 2 bodies per shift but would prefer not to juggle current shifts.

Thank you.

Andre.

Burly

Andre,

Can you post the latest and greatest volunteer PDF.

In case we have trouble deciphering it...where and when are the gaps in coverage?

Thanks.

Crazy Goats

What would you help with at the FPV line? I might be able to take an extra shift if needed.

Last edited:

BEEMANS

NEVER FLY WITHOUT IT
About the 13th

I was looking at the schedule and I am going to be there for the Wednesday volunteer meeting. I wanted to know if we can set up our tent area on Wednesday since we are going to be there or do we have to wait until Thursday? I would prefer not to park at my Hotel with a trailer. (sounds like a contradiction but I rented a U-Haul trailer for the planes and rented a camp space)

Thanks

mike46060

Ha.

I was looking at the schedule and I am going to be there for the Wednesday volunteer meeting. I wanted to know if we can set up our tent area on Wednesday since we are going to be there or do we have to wait until Thursday? I would prefer not to park at my Hotel with a trailer. (sounds like a contradiction but I rented a U-Haul trailer for the planes and rented a camp space)

Thanks

I slept in a u-haul last year.

BEEMANS

NEVER FLY WITHOUT IT
I would consider doing that but I need a regular hotel room and the fun of camping wore off a few years ago

Corbarrad

Currently sitting in jfk, waiting for my connecting flight.
Yes, that means they let me into the country... again.
I will be amongst you soon. As soon as i sleep off my jetlag, that is.

Strix

Currently sitting in jfk, waiting for my connecting flight.
Yes, that means they let me into the country... again.
I will be amongst you soon. As soon as i sleep off my jetlag, that is.

Excellent! Tomorrow is my only day of work for the week. My wife and I will be there Wednesday afternoon. See you then!

PlaneAddicted

Cub Crazy
My son and I are hitting the road for FF2016 on Tuesday afternoon. We should be arriving on Wednesday morning around 11/12. Can wait!

Corbarrad

My son and I are hitting the road for FF2016 on Tuesday afternoon. We should be arriving on Wednesday morning around 11/12. Can wait!

Good luck on your night drive. Don't push yourselves too much.

I arrived at the Hotel some time around midnight after 40 hours or so without proper sleep, though I nodded off on the plane and at the terminal a few times.

I probably won't be doing this again. While I arrived safely and without incident I was pretty much done by the time I arrived.
Accidentally pulled up to the back parking lot at first, got pretty upset when I found the door of the entrance hall locked.
Luckily I decided to do one last circuit of the house before resigning myself to sleep in the car.
Now, 8 hours of sleep and 8 hours of fighting a migraine attack later I think I'm good to go.

See you all on wednesday.

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Update

You guys rocked it out today.

Parking 3 shifts open
Friday PM, Saturday Mid x2

Gate 2 shifts open
Thursday PM, Saturday PM

Registration 1 shift open
Saturday PM

FPV Support 4 shifts open
Thursday PM, Saturday PM, Sunday AM, Sunday Mid

Store Tent 3 shifts open
Saturday PM, Sunday AM, Sunday Mid

Family Tent 11 shifts open
Thought out the weekend

Super Mega Awesome Crew 18 shifts open
Thursday Mid x4
Openings through the weekend.

Thanks.

Andre.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Safe travels everyone. Can't wait to see the wave of Orange shirts!