FliteTest in Phoenix RC (Model Index)

JohnRambozo

Posted a thousand or more times
are they compatable with rc desk pilot?

The model files may be. The physics setup would be entirely different. I haven't tried, yet. I might be able to look into it on the weekend. The physics engine for RC Desk Pilot is far from realistic but you can get a general sense of what its like to fly a plane.

JohnRambozo

Any ETA on when this will be released? Can you provide a link to the thread?

Thanks!

Hey Badeki. There is a bit of a holdup with the Real Flight models. I have to apologize. I can get the geometry in, but due to the fact that custom Real Flight models are only supported by outdated software which is no longer available, I am unable to get the textures (paint) to show. If you're happy flying a blank, white plane I can go ahead with Real Flight but there will be no color.

I've also contacted the Knife Edge support team and was told they do not provide support for custom content and gave me NO indication they intend to update their tools.

I was also told I cannot share the email reply in any online form. See below. :)

---
Thank you for your interest in RealFlight.

We are happy to help as much as possible, however developing new aircraft for RealFlight is beyond the scope of support we can offer through Great Planes.

For assistance with your aircraft design, peer-to-peer support is available through the Designer's Corner forums on KnifeEdge.com (http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99). Please also be aware the software developers for RealFlight do frequent the Designer's Corner forums (as their production schedule allows for).

I am sorry we could not be of more assistance.

PLEASE REMEMBER to attach all previous correspondence (and dxdiag information if previously requested) with our responses to any follow up e-mail you may send. This will allow us to better track our attempts to troubleshoot your problem. Unfortunately, due to the volume of e-mail we receive, WE ARE UNABLE TO SAVE OR REMEMBER E-MAIL MESSAGES ONCE WE HAVE SENT A RESPONSE.

You can also reach our product support technical team at 217-398-8970 during our regular business hours Monday through Friday 9am to 6pm Central time. Be sure to have your computer specifications and serial number for your software available at the time of your call.

This email is personal and confidential. It may not be copied in part or in whole other than in a reply to the sender. Copying this email to other emails or public forums is not permitted.

Alex S.
Great Planes Software Support
www.realflight.com
www.gpsoftware.com
PS9014
---

JohnRambozo

Rasterize's amazing SteamPunk skin for the Arrow exposed some minor shortcomings of my original uv mapping. To fully show off his awesome skills, I've remapped the texture and added his skin.

Before:

Before.png

After:

After.png

Download from the FT Mini Arrow link in the first post.

Badeki

Hey Badeki. There is a bit of a holdup with the Real Flight models. I have to apologize. I can get the geometry in, but due to the fact that custom Real Flight models are only supported by outdated software which is no longer available, I am unable to get the textures (paint) to show. If you're happy flying a blank, white plane I can go ahead with Real Flight but there will be no color.
---

John, That is a bummer that there is a problem with Real Flight. :( But I don't mind flying with a white plane, so if that is all I can get for now, I will take it!

JohnRambozo

John, That is a bummer that there is a problem with Real Flight. :( But I don't mind flying with a white plane, so if that is all I can get for now, I will take it!

Alright, Badeki... I'll put some work into it... The requirements are very different so its almost like starting over. :)

jk6stringer

FF16 Here I come!
Congratulations

Thank you for the support, everyone. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, but now seems like the perfect time to tell you. I'm incredibly honored that Josh Bixler reached out and I am now working directly with the Flite Test team to release sim versions of the latest releases before they become available. The FT Sea Duck is the first of many pre-releases to come. I couldn't be more excited to be working with the greatest bunch of guys in the most amazing community I've ever known.

Every time I take a break from the forums, I come by and am blown away by the activity and amazing working on this thread. I know it's not exactly fresh news, but John this is awesome and very very well deserved! Congratulations!!!

I had a wish list cooked up, but I'm happy to say it's almost been covered, only two left I can think is the Pun Jet (imagine if it could actually fall out of the Cargo bay) and Peters v-tol.

:cool:

abqflyer

Only now discovered (a) the Sea Duck and (b) this forum. I like the way the Duck flies and it seems to be spot-on with the behavior I saw in the flight videos. Nice job! Also have flown the Sportster and mini...the Sportster seems to just almost levitate into the air when the power is brought up...maybe the real one does also. Other than that, a very nice plane and I think I may just have to build it. One of my oldest and most-favorite planes is the Great Planes Mini Super Sportster which is still flying after over a decade and many rebuilds; I can see that the FT Sportster will give it a hard time. Excellent work!

Ok, I must be stupid. I am moving the files to the specified folder and I get bupkis.... Nothing shows up in Phoenix. I have restarted Phoenix multiple times and get exactly nothing showing up. Any tips?

EDIT: Exactly what files should show up? My folders look like the attached pictures.

phoenix plane folder.JPG

phoenix user made.JPG

Last edited:

mrwis@yahoo.com

Roversgonemad, that's what I see as well and mine is working. I'm on Windows 10 running Phoenix RC 5.5.k. Hopefully someone else can get you working. I did have to restart Phoenix after unzipping to the directory but you said you tried that as well.

Thanks to John and whomever else worked to get these up there. I've had Phoenix for a year or so and started it with the wing since I started with a Versa. I just spent 2 hours downloading and playing with all the great new planes. I can't wait to get in a group room and see all the FT planes flying around. Thanks again guys. What a great community.

It seems to jive with all the files, but for some reason, Phoenix isn't seeing them. Mine is weird, it says 5.5k on the intro screen and then 5.5i on the main screen. I might have to reinstall everything.

RockNBurn

For those who are having problems about the models not showing on the model list. I think I found a way around it.

Try copying the folders from the User-made/Airplanes to the Official/Airplanes.
After I started Phoenix, the models showed up for me.

Blackdiamonds

Try updating Phoenix. I had the same issue with Windows 10 and planes not showing up. However, after I forced an update of Phoenix, everything works great.