View attachment 196829
View attachment 196831 View attachment 196830
View attachment 196832
View attachment 196833
View attachment 196834
View attachment 196835
View attachment 196836
View attachment 196837

Detailed maiden report and video will follow.
Oh and if you look closely, you can spot another really cool plane I want to release as a kit.
Yowzah. That looks brilliant! My foam build progressing. Wings needed a few mm trimmed off the root to fit neatly, but again not difficult. I've made one modification - I'm putting the aileron control linkages on the upper surface to stop them getting knocked on landing. I'll glue the wings in tomorrow - it's a quick build!
IMG_20210403_195347904.jpg
IMG_20210403_173424936_HDR~2.jpg

OliverW

Legendary member
Man oh man I can't wait to make one of these. I just need to pickup some more printer paper. The lines on it are so clean

Dr. Looping Looie

Elite member
I started again from scratch with the 3D printed version to get all the details right. Im now halfway done with it. I completely redid all control surfaces and the airflow around the EDF. It will fit the Powerfun 64mm EDF and the FMS 64mm EDF, and both are on the way to me. Because of my final exams and some other stuff, Im aiming to release it in one month. Unfortunately, the first prototype warped in my car in the sun. Be careful if you print a plane out of black PLA.

Maverickma

It's dopey question Tuesday so...I know how to stick build using plans but I've never actually built a flat foam plane from plans. How is it done? Do you lay the plans on the foam and cut through the paper plans?

Also, what size paper is this printed on?

Last edited:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
It's dopey question Tuesday so...I know how to stick build using plans but I've never actually built a flat foam plane from plans. How is it done? Do you lay the plans on the foam and cut through the paper plans?

My favorite method is to use spray adhesive to stick the paper templates to the foamboard. That way you don't have to worry about the templates shifting like they would if you were using tape to hold them on.

Dr. Looping Looie

Elite member

I use tape to hold the plans on the foamboard. Then I use a needle to poke holes wherever lines are. Then I can remove the plans and connect the dots with a pencil. This way, I can reuse the plans and I don't mess up the foamboard.

The plans are full size, but you can make your printer slice it into perfectly fitting slices. I think it's called poster mode.