FT-EZ Three Pack Plans?

Fidget

I put an EZ Basix kit on my ReadyMadeRC chuck glider. It was about 50% heavier than the FT Freighter, but seemed well enough powered. Although it consistently won't turn right. This is the first thing I've used that kit on, so I'm not sure what to do to troubleshoot it, but I may pull it and put in one of the FT foamboard planes and see if I have the same problem. Also open to suggestions!

Lord of the planes

I also have a 3D printed glider hook and handle model that I will be sharing as well. The EZ Intruder can also be built as a chuck glider.

View attachment 168348

Image here is not the EZ Intruder, just using it to illustrate my launcher and hook design.
Do you have plans for this plane? It looks like the Long EZ, but withought the box fuselage and with the instead of the a fold you just folded it up and then glued it on the wing tips

Last edited:

GrizWiz

Elite member
Here are a few new designs! A F-4, A Piper Seneca, And one of my own designs!(not done yet will update later)

Attachments

• PiperSecenaV1TiledPage3.pdf
    4.9 KB · Views: 0
  • PiperSecenaV1TiledPage2.pdf
    3 KB · Views: 0
  • PiperSecenaV1TiledPage1.pdf
    3.7 KB · Views: 0
  • PiperSecenaV1TiledPage5a.pdf
    7.6 KB · Views: 0
  • F-4V2.7Tiled.pdf
    59.4 KB · Views: 0

GrizWiz

Elite member
Just built my f-4 there are a number of problems/mistakes including the parts under the wing are to weak and break, The control board cut out is on the wrong side. There is no slot for the control board in the wing, The dihedral gauges do not work, and the outer fuselage piece is to big and does not fit over the elevator. Otherwise it glides great inside and the CG is correct!

GrizWiz

Elite member
Plans for the F-4 have been updated in the first post but I will put them here too!

Attachments

• F-4V2.7Tiled.pdf
    59.4 KB · Views: 0

GrizWiz

Elite member
image8657.png

GrizWiz

Elite member
Ok so I did a maiden today it fly's incredibly straight but does not turn at all... I think I need a different motor placement or I need to enlarge the wing to 10" and or the elevator!

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Do the motors increase/decrease rpm when you steer left/right?
Does it attempt to stabilize when you manually yaw the plane?
Maybe, move the motors outward a bit more, but you would need to change the prop clearance of the wing tips. Might look a little wonky.
Other than more centrally mounting the board, which I don't really think is needed, I got nuthin'. :(

GrizWiz

Elite member
Do the motors increase/decrease rpm when you steer left/right?
Does it attempt to stabilize when you manually yaw the plane?
Maybe, move the motors outward a bit more, but you would need to change the prop clearance of the wing tips. Might look a little wonky.
Other than more centrally mounting the board, which I don't really think is needed, I got nuthin'. :(
I dont think that there is a problem with the motors malfunctioning!