FT-EZ Three Pack Plans?

Michael9865

Elite member
My FT EZ Power Pack arrived today. Now to pick a set of plans to test it out on.

Attachments

• 6834E0A8-F6E3-40C3-9912-C285C04CD771.jpeg
    6834E0A8-F6E3-40C3-9912-C285C04CD771.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

rickp

Nope..... Haven't flown it yet. Yes, due to the wind .:)

View attachment 169399
Any chance of getting your pdf plans for the Corsair? Love that airplane!
Thinking it might be a candidate for a Champ conversion - 3 channel rather than just 2.

Continuing, any reason these couldn't be scaled up to 2S power using UMX components with AS3X disabled?
So simple to build, I can see them as new homes for the electronics from bashed UMX birds.

Thanks! rick

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
Thinking it might be a candidate for a Champ conversion - 3 channel rather than just 2.

Continuing, any reason these couldn't be scaled up to 2S power using UMX components with AS3X disabled?
So simple to build, I can see them as new homes for the electronics from bashed UMX birds.

Thanks! rick

Thanks Rick,

I will go ahead and post the PDF and DXF files to all the planes I created. They will be posted with the picture. ( just note that the CG has not been verified till it's listed below the picture.)

The idea using UMX components is very interesting. I can't see why it wouldn't work.... maybe even with this size.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
very interesting flights on both the plank and the freighter. both are easy and fly right out of hand. control was easy but a little strange not having elevator. biggest thing is the landing. these are not precise airplanes, ie- you are not gonna land this on a spot. as you as descending you have to make sure you do not cut the throttle 100%. you need about 10% to maintain yaw control. if you cut throttle the whole way then the diff thrust is too much and the plane starts making rapid adjustments to the approach. other than that, pretty simple and almost boring.

laters,

me :cool:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

Thanks! rick
Using umx electronics is a great idea and would work perfect! I done see why you would want to disable as3x though...

rickp

Thanks Rick,

I will go ahead and post the PDF and DXF files to all the planes I created. They will be posted with the picture. ( just note that the CG has not been verified till it's listed below the picture.)

The idea using UMX components is very interesting. I can't see why it wouldn't work.... maybe even with this size.

Thanks Aviator.

Working on a Phoenix model of the EZ Glider. Not that difficult to build, but challenging to tune not knowing exactly how it flies in real life.
Will post a video when I'm satisfied. Big help if anyone here has built the glider. Thanks, rick

Attachments

• FT Easy Glider SIDE.png
    FT Easy Glider SIDE.png
    150.6 KB · Views: 0
  • FT Easy Glider PERSPECTIVE.png
    FT Easy Glider PERSPECTIVE.png
    210.4 KB · Views: 0
  • FT Easy Glider BOTTOM.png
    FT Easy Glider BOTTOM.png
    200.9 KB · Views: 0

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Would welcome as3x, but think that it needs to be tuned specifically for each model. I could be wrong though. rick
I'm pretty sure it would work. I used an as3x board from the GeeBee in my UMX beast and it works just fine.

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
Thanks Aviator.

Working on a Phoenix model of the EZ Glider. Not that difficult to build, but challenging to tune not knowing exactly how it flies in real life.
Will post a video when I'm satisfied. Big help if anyone here has built the glider. Thanks, rick

That looks really cool!

I found it flys best around 2/3s throttle, and climbs well at 3/4 ( or so) throttle. Also best on high rates.

rickp

That looks really cool!

I found it flys best around 2/3s throttle, and climbs well at 3/4 ( or so) throttle. Also best on high rates.

Seems to describe the Phoenix model. Tuned for level flight at just over half throttle with wings level.
Interesting to fly with no elevator control (yikes!). Need to use throttle management more than you might normally.
Level turns are possible, but any angle of bank over maybe 60 degrees and the nose drops so much it's unrecoverable.
Or maybe that's just an artifact of how it's tuned in Phoenix. Fun nevertheless.

Tour:

Flight:

If you have Phoenix, unzip and install the pkg file and you'll find "FT EZ Glider" in the electric glider list.

Cheers, rick

ps: I plan to build Phoenix models of all EZ planes for which plans are published

Attachments

• EZ Glider v04.zip
    240 KB · Views: 0

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Seems to describe the Phoenix model. Tuned for level flight at just over half throttle with wings level.
Interesting to fly with no elevator control (yikes!). Need to use throttle management more than you might normally.
Level turns are possible, but any angle of bank over maybe 60 degrees and the nose drops so much it's unrecoverable.
Or maybe that's just an artifact of how it's tuned in Phoenix. Fun nevertheless.

Tour:

Flight:

If you have Phoenix, unzip and install the pkg file and you'll find "FT EZ Glider" in the electric glider list.

Cheers, rick

ps: I plan to build Phoenix models of all EZ planes for which plans are published
That looks like fun - good job!

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
Thanks Aviator.

Will post a video when I'm satisfied. Big help if anyone here has built the glider.

Thanks, rick

minimal thrust, my rough test showed at most a 1:1 thrust to weight ratio. my model weighs 42.8g and when max thrust on scale i get 90g.

climb is easy and steady but not rapid even on full throttle. you need to be prepared for any change of attitude. low rates all ok but very safe, i instantly jumped to high rates. not really sure how to explain this other than maybe a 70% low, 100% high rate?

a constant throttle needs to be applied. unless on absolute final approach (ie- under 5 ft) or the diff thrust reeks havoc. it is full on or off almost. the "cheap-ish" controllers don't return to center automatically and can result in a hard yaw.

other than that it's like a simple 2 channel helicopter you buy at wally-world. you have thrust up and down, and yaw left and right.

thanks,

me :cool: