FT F-82 Twin Mustang - is it real?

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Spotted in their latest video @2:29

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CSiVMUydwk&list=UU9zTuyWffK9ckEz1216noAw&feature=share

Capture.PNG

Underside of fuse looks like it has a scoop but the top deck\canopy looks different.

Last edited:

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
It is real, it's been in several episodes as a sneak peek.

I really love the Twin Mustang, I hope they release an add on to make the Mustangs into Twin Mustangs

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
I asked Josh how it flew while at Nall -- is words: "It flies on rails"

on inspection, he had two standard wings and a straight section in between, cutting the dihedral in half. both fuselages were completely over the straight section, with the wing break just on the outside edge of each fuse. the plank horizontal stabilizer in the tail was pretty much a straight piece of foam with notches cut similar to the stock horizontal surface, but not extending much beyond the outside edge of the fuse. the elevator was cut along the full length with reliefs cut for the rudders Vertical stabs were stock and both hinges were cut. the elevator servo came out on the inside edge of one fuse, and the ruder servo came out the inside edge of the other -- both rudder hinges were cut, but only one had a servo.

from all appearances, one pod had the RX, that pod's ESC and a tail servo. both aileron servos, the other ESC and the other tail servo came in through the wing on that side. on the other side, the lead form the other ESC and that fuse's tail servo disappeared into the wing headed for the RX in the other fuse.

There's some fancy wiring you can do to balance the servo power load across both ESCs . . . but I don't think any of that was done. In all fairness, it has *exactly* the same servos as the P-51, except it has an extra ESC.

as a side note . . . XT-60 in one fuse and Deans in the other. when I saw that, I asked. Alex (who happened to be standing there at the moment) shrugged his shoulders and said "that's Josh . . . "

It would *NOT* be hard to scratch build the middle section and tail surface . . . and that's something that should hit my build table soon :)

Last edited:

saiga556

Full of...
I really hope the twin mustang is just an easy way to do R&D on a p-38. I don't even care if it's swappable. I. Fact personally I'd prefer that it wasn't.

The twin mustang is cool but I don't think it's different enough from the mustang to actually release as a plane all its own. Seems like it would be really easy to scratchbuild.

crash bandicoot

Someon on here has already made a swappable P-38. If you want to build one. I would just search P-38 on the swappables or scratchbuild forum.

I really hope the twin mustang is just an easy way to do R&D on a p-38. I don't even care if it's swappable. I. Fact personally I'd prefer that it wasn't.

The twin mustang is cool but I don't think it's different enough from the mustang to actually release as a plane all its own. Seems like it would be really easy to scratchbuild.

SteevyT

Could you imagine differential thrust on this? Or actually, I want to see someone do twin variable pitch props on a plane.