FT in the Black Forest

JackLais

Greetings from the black Forest/Germany. Tiled plan builds Pietenpol, Mini Scout & Mini Sportster. Made form Gaerstecker "I love Art" Foamboerd 5mm, equipped with Emax Motors 1804 and 2204, Emax ESC 12A and 3S 800 mAh. Lots of Fun while building and flying:cool:
Thanx for Inspiration and plans!

Attachments

• PJ6.jpg
    PJ6.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 0
  • PJ4.jpg
    PJ4.jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 0
  • MS6.jpg
    MS6.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 0
  • MSMSP1.jpg
    MSMSP1.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 0

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Jack, wow, nice work on those builds. I have to ask, have they flown? My planes that have been in the air look nothing like those. To be honest, they look nowhere near that good before either. Thank you for sharing those photos.

Would you share a bit about yourself for the community in a brief introduction? Ours is a community that enjoys getting to know its memebers.

Wilkommen to the forum.
—Jim

JackLais

Have they flown?

Hello Jim, thanks for your comment. I have flown the Mini Sportster and the Mini Scout already – although my results turned out to be heavier than indicated in the guidelines ( I’m sure that I spent - and spend still – way too much hot glue…) it was and is still a pleasure to fly them in calm conditions, they don’t like too much wind. I haven’t flown the Pietenpol yet, but it’s only a question of days and weather conditions - Maiden coming soon :cool:! I started the FT expierience last XMas, when I got a Tiny Trainer Speed Built Kit. During the build I made any imaginable fault (wrong glue, insufficient tools, working without video etc.). However, surprise: The „Thing“ flew. I searched through the net, had a lot of fun with the videos and became familiar concept and, last not least, the refreshing spirit of the whole thing. So I ordered the respective tools, which are actually few and affordable, discovered suitable foambord and now I’m learning step by step, have fun and get inspired. I’m far away from being a RC-expert or something near, although I have been enthusiastic about airplanes, model building- and (within my technical and financial limits) -flying since I don’t know when. I was born in 1964 in the South Black Forest (The very Southwest of Germany, Triangle Switzerland – France – Germany, where I still live. Want to have a look?:
http://www.gvvschoenau.de/pb/Stadt_Schoenau,Lde/Stadt+Schoenau/WM+Spezial.html
I am a musician in several cover/party bands and further music projects like musicals etc. and guitar teacher.
Greetings from Germany, keep on building, flying and posting videos :D
Jack

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Thank you Jack for the intro and again, welcome to the forum. You live in beautiful scenic area.