Ft. Mini Guinea power pack and mods

Parker Jackson

Parker Jackson
Hello, I'm new to the forms but I've been watching and building Flite test planes for a long time. I looked around for a thread on this but I didn't find anything on it, so to the point. I just built a Flite test guinea pig, and now I'm planning on moving to the mini, but the only mini electronics I have for it are from power pack F and the recommended pack is A. If I bought another 2204 motor and 12 amp Esc could I use those in the mini? I also need help with taking up all my extra channels, I'm planning on the obvious like a bomb drop, some lights, a nose gear, and flaps if I can find out how to rig that up (any suggestions on the flaps?) but I don't know what else I should add to make the plane cooler. Thanks.

dantheman

That motor and esc should work just fine.

Flaps can be done one of two ways, either program flapperons in, which I found were fairly un-needed, or cut some in close to the fusalage and add in another servo. There are a few how-tos around here for how to make a door servo. Make sure you document how you have it setup!

Parker Jackson

Parker Jackson
Thanks for the reply, one more thing though I can't seem to find a Xt-30 y connector. If there isn't a place to buy them then some advice on how to make one would be greatly appreciated.

Parker Jackson

Parker Jackson
One more question, Has anyone tried using two batteries instead of just one? I only have a dx5e so I'm not sure if I'd be able to program what voltage to switch batteries at but it just seems like it couldn't handle the weight.

dantheman

I suspect you are going to have to make the connector. Shouldn't be too difficult. As for running two batteries, you just run it so each ESC gets a dedicated battery. Remember you only want one ESC feeding voltage to your reciever though. (Just pull the power line on the connector to the esc)

Parker Jackson

Parker Jackson
If I were to use two batteries would they have to be exactly the same? I have one battery that is a 3s 850 20c and one that is 800 mah 3a 50c, but it says max c rating and I really doubt it's that high