• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
FT P-47 Thunderbolt

FT P-47 Thunderbolt 1.0

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
fliteadmin submitted a new resource:

FT P-47 Thunderbolt - FT P-47 Thunderbolt Free Plans

FT P-47 Thunderbolt

Designed By: John Overstreet
Plans By: Dan Sponholz

Description:
The P-47 is the second plane of the Flite Test Master Series developed in collaboration with John Overstreet. Using "mold-together" techniques, the FT P-47 is just as rewarding to build as it is to fly. This is a basic 4 channel Warbird that has an advanced build experience, and...​
Read more about this resource...

d4mer

Hi all,

Great plane and great plans (thanks Dan)!! Just one complaint. I live in the EU and would love to buy SBKs but Gruapner never has anything in stock, much less the masters series. This is a big big bummer and a lost opportunity for Flitetest. Please, PLEASE put some pressure on Graupner to get with program and start stocking more stuff. I would very much love to support FT (very willing to buy most if not all the master series as they come out) but if I have no way to, I can't. This is a huge loss of revenue for FT and a lost opportunity to get more traction in the EU.

I think I've found a couple issues with the cut files on the P-47.
First is the battery box. The edge that glues on last is too tall. This makes the box somewhat out of square, and the formers won't fit over it correctly.
Second is the thin strip fuselage section that goes behind the cowl flaps. It ends up being too small. And, the #3 former won't go into it without crushing.

Attachments

bperc

I am starting this build, but I can't find any directions for the landing gear installation. I have cut out the plywood parts, but I'm not sure how to install them. Does anyone have some photos they can share? Thanks

Same issue here. And the batt box isnt long enough to engage former 4 and keep it square.
I have spent days cutting plans and foam. I am a bit frustrated.

Thanks to Dan as usual for the wonderful work. As some previous posters pointed out, there is an issue with the battery box being too high on one side. If you have already built this you can get away with trimming 4.5mm off the high side. If you are cutting please see the attached which has the correct dimensions.

Attachments

I think I've found a couple issues with the cut files on the P-47.
First is the battery box. The edge that glues on last is too tall. This makes the box somewhat out of square, and the formers won't fit over it correctly.
Second is the thin strip fuselage section that goes behind the cowl flaps. It ends up being too small. And, the #3 former won't go into it without crushing.
Same for me, I was able to fix the problem with battery box. But I am not sure how to fix at best the fuselage skin 1. Hopefully the other parts are correct and I can finish the plane.
Any solution for the fuselage skin 1? I want to try the version from the letter plan instead the full sized.