• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
FT Mustang Master Series

FT Mustang Master Series 1.0

Hi guys!

Just finished my first master series build (and first non mighty mini build), and I just went and maidened it. It flies fantastic and stable. I still have to paint it, but other than that I thought it turned out decent for my first master series build. AUW 850 grams with a cheap 2212 1000kv motor, 1047 prop, and 3s 2200 battery. The power system was bench tested to just about 1000g thrust, so it has more power than I would expect a B pack motor equivalent to do. My paint job should hopefully turn out like this, but we'll see. :D

View attachment 187288
It's been a while since you posted this, so may not be a bad time to ask how is the 2212 holding up? :)
 

2jujube7

Well-known member
It's been a while since you posted this, so may not be a bad time to ask how is the 2212 holding up? :)
Ummm... Glad you asked. I started to paint it a while ago, but I got halfway through before I stopped, and then I just forgot about it. :LOL: I think it's just that I'd rather fly planes than paint them. I'll (hopefully) get around to finishing the paint job sometime soon.
 
Ummm... Glad you asked. I started to paint it a while ago, but I got halfway through before I stopped, and then I just forgot about it. :LOL: I think it's just that I'd rather fly planes than paint them. I'll (hopefully) get around to finishing the paint job sometime soon.
hahaha din see this coming!
Keep us posted though, the paint job and the performance 😁 I think you did bench testing of that power setup but I wonder if the actual flight performance would vary - because flight time may be 8-10 minutes, as opposed to 30-60 seconds of bench testing 🤔
 
Last edited:
The maiden was unique. Right after the hand launch, I was climbing up rapidly (plane untrimmed at this point) to get elevation, the prop and spinner came off ( a first for me). The plane stalled and fell into the corn field (saving it from major damage). The motor was a cheap Flash Hobby 3542 and the shaft/prop adaptor was a compression fit. I must have not tightened it enough to compress the adapter onto the shaft..

I repaired the plane and re-maidened it yesterday. It flies fine, but slower than the MS Spitfire with the exact same power system. I bumped up to 4s (3542/11x5.5) and that helped a lot, scale, but still slower than I'd like. I'll be working to find the best prop set up for my current power system. IMG_3246.JPG