FT Spitfire Master Series

FT Spitfire Master Series 1.0

CrshNBrn

Elite member
Thank you for the link. That looks perfect for the hatch.
Did you have any problems with securing the battery? Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome.
I cut shallow holes in the foam and use gorilla glue- just a tiny amount. Mount them flush with the surface of the foam. If you scratch the underside of the magnet it gets better contact with the adhesive. Another tip is to "clamp" the magnets using blue painters tape. Stick a piece on top of the magnet to prevent the gorilla glue foam from pushing the magnet up.

Yankee2003

I cut shallow holes in the foam and use gorilla glue- just a tiny amount. Mount them flush with the surface of the foam. If you scratch the underside of the magnet it gets better contact with the adhesive. Another tip is to "clamp" the magnets using blue painters tape. Stick a piece on top of the magnet to prevent the gorilla glue foam from pushing the magnet up.
Coming Tuesday…..I will use your suggestions. I’ll post a picture of my success.
Thank you.

Shurik-1960

Hello everyone. My daughter and I are returning from vacation to Moscow on Sunday. They brought me a servomechanism and from Monday I will continue to work on the model. I install the battery in a styrofoam box . Then I determine the position of the battery box in the fuselage of the model according to the ideal CG . I fix the box in the fuselage with glue. I'll post the photo next week.

Shurik-1960

Pasted 2 rulers into the fuselage.I glued a platform with a servomechanism of the elevator to them. Also, a motor frame and a battery box will be glued to the rulers in the box. The weight of the fuselage with a partial fit without a motor and regulator is 335 grams. The weight of the motor, regulator, receiver and battery 2200 mA 3S is 287 grams. I think the flight weight will be in the range of 700-710 grams.Strengthened the docking of the wing with the fuselage -the front lick.

Shurik-1960

gained weight because of the wings: I made it out of foam 5 mm thick, but I had to make it out of 3mm (I ran out of it..).But the wings turned out to be too strong)))))Next time, I will not glue the inner box, and after gluing the outer surfaces and lines of rigidity, I will remove it.

Shurik-1960

I finished wrapping the top with colored tape. For a week, I will cover the bottom of the model and put the rods and boars. Then I will glue the battery box and glue it into the fuselage. I'm not installing the motor yet: I'm waiting for a package with bearings from China (the bearings are already old and need to be replaced). The regulator is soldered to 40A .

Very interested in your build. I am finishing up my first Master Series plane. It is the Spitfire as well. I have the 2814 in the nose with a 40 amp esc. Plan to run it on 4s. Don’t know what prop yet.
It seems that it will take me a couple to get the airframe clean enough for a nice finish. This one is going to Flightfest so it won’t need to be that great. I am working towards building that beautiful Beechcraft 18.
CrshNBrn is going to learn me some on that one.
Which prop did you use and how did it fly with that motor/prop?

Shurik-1960

I bought the engine a long time ago, 5 pieces at once. I liked the high-quality winding of the wires on the stator and the excellent traction. The company is called Aeolian. The engine with a 9050 screw develops thrust on a 3S battery up to 1300 grams. Now we are prohibited from flying aircraft models, so I did not make a video of the flight, but the glider flies just fine and slow and fast. I increased the area of the ailerons and now I get great barrels (I made the P-51 according to the author's drawing and they are only for U-turns).

Last night I tested aileron movement, glue joints and painting Duck brand packing tape with a can of spray paint. I took a scrap piece of ReadyBoard and tested all of the above. It all worked perfectly and the paint took to the tape with and without sanding. It looks better without sanding. So I taped the fuse and motor nacelles of Hangar's Tigercat. It went together beautifully. I'll tape the tail section now that it is installed and I'll tape the wings before folding. I should have done this with all my builds.