FTFC20 - April Showers Challenge

FishHawk

Well, I have changed my mind about which plane to build, at the last minute. Yesterday while trying out different planes on BMI flight simulator, I came across a plane called the Aquarius. It's kind of a low aspect ratio flying wing, with an inverted gull wing on floats. The sim model flies very well, slow and maneuverable. It looks like a perfect fit for me. The RC Group build page is at https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?812352-Aquarius-plans-and-video. I cut one out from the drawings at 75% from DTFB. It took 1 sheet plus a couple of scrap pieces. I hope to finish building it tomorrow, MinWax it and put in the rest of the electronics.
Aquarius_sheet.jpg Aquarius_ARF.jpg

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I can't say I have quite the skills of @The Hangar, but I did well considering, my abilties how Full tilt is the only way the Sea Angel will fly 3s with an 8x6 prop. and what I had to work with for a pond.
I can say taking off from water and landing were easier than on land... I want more. :)
First Year I complete my own April Showers contest. Next year Chloroplast Sign Plane

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I can't say I have quite the skills of @The Hangar, but I did well considering, my abilties how Full tilt is the only way the Sea Angel will fly 3s with an 8x6 prop. and what I had to work with for a pond.
I can say taking off from water and landing were easier than on land... I want more. :)
First Year I complete my own April Showers contest. Next year Chloroplast Sign Plane
That definitely wasn't an ideal place to take off and land, and the sea angel definitely wasn't overpowered, but you did great!

Hondo76251

Legendary member
Sooo... What did you attempt? (Finish?) not much time left
I did a quick attempt at an ultra micro Beriev 103 early on, ended up switching to that mini Ugly duckling for the single sheet challenge... art is a process man! 🤣

I have a start to the Be-103 V2 but I like the design so much I've ended up going overboard with my ambitions for the build! 🙄 Still awaiting parts so no way she'll be in the air today, but I'll post the finished product on here in the next week or so... I'll make the May Flowers challenge for sure! 😁