FTFC20 Howard DGA-6 (Racing) designed by Mayan

mayan

Legendary member
@mayan I really like the struts! How did you do them?
Not to complicated I’ll draw something up for you tomorrow with a step by step instructions of the process.

Last picture for today :).
EBC91985-5BEE-4DB3-8C98-96C479142441.jpeg

ACBD61F3-5C71-4C6C-9D7F-18AAC6589286.jpeg

@SquirrelTail what do you think?

mayan

Legendary member
Well I decided that while I am at it I'll just make a build video for you :). It will be live in an hour when it's done uploading, here is the link though.

I'll do a write up on it later tonight during my night shift as well but till then enjoy the video :), hope it's clear enough :). It has no voice recording because I barely have a quite house to do that, with two kids running around :/.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Well I decided that while I am at it I'll just make a build video for you :). It will be live in an hour when it's done uploading, here is the link though.

I'll do a write up on it later tonight during my night shift as well but till then enjoy the video :), hope it's clear enough :). It has no voice recording because I barely have a quite house to do that, with two kids running around :/.
Thanks! That explained it great!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Thanks guys appreciate it.

If more want to test it for me I'd be super happy, to hear your thoughts for improvements.
I would build it but I have so many other projects going on right now... I’ll definitely keep it on the list though!

mayan

Legendary member
Today I couldn't resist and had to push in a flight with the DGA-6 before a rain storm arrives tomorrow. I didn't manage to do a ground take off because of the runway I was trying to take off of, so I hand launched it. It seemed to fly tail heavy although it might just be a required down elevator trim. I didn't get to fly it much because when I brought it down for a landing it nosed over and the cowl broke loose slightly, not wanting to over do it I called it a day for it. Here is the video let me know what you think please :).

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Today I couldn't resist and had to push in a flight with the DGA-6 before a rain storm arrives tomorrow. I didn't manage to do a ground take off because of the runway I was trying to take off of, so I hand launched it. It seemed to fly tail heavy although it might just be a required down elevator trim. I didn't get to fly it much because when I brought it down for a landing it nosed over and the cowl broke loose slightly, not wanting to over do it I called it a day for it. Here is the video let me know what you think please :).

Yeah, it looked really tail heavy to me. It really has a great presence in the air though!

OliverW

Legendary member
It keeps the scale lines beautifully! It definitely looked tail heavy. Also, when the updated plans are posted I am printing it! If it isn't this week, I will have to wait a couple weeks as the printer is at my dad's house and he is going on vacation. I am psyched!