Help my setup?

TimberWolffe

Zoomy Thing Enthusiast
first things first I'll say this setup isn't for FPV but rather monitoring the situation of a racing bike (it's cooler than it sounds).

My plan is to have a mobius hooked up to a 5.8 GHz transmitter feeding live video and audio from this bike. My issue is that I need 24 hours of continuous uptime and I'm not so clear on ranges or battery requirements.

My parts list is:

So yeah, please help me? XD

EDIT: I forgot to mention I need a maximum range of 1km

Last edited:

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
Well the up time for the base station is easy if you access to mains power. If not then you just need a large capacity battery or batteries. How big will depend. Same goes for the bike although obviously no mains there. FPV transmission is not hugely power hungry so I think it should be feasible to carry a sufficiently large battery on a bicycle I think. If you can stop then you can change batteries in parallel keeping continuous transmission.

The range might be more difficult. 1 Km is definitely possible but it needs to be line of sight for 5.8 ghz and 1 Km is borderline without special setups. Also you will need a HAM license to go over 25milliW and I'm pretty sure you will have to to get the range.

Others may be able to give you more specific advice.

Keep in mind that frequency and the power required is not a good idea. Unless you want brain cancer and loose your eyesight
Im a amateur radio "ham" operator KC0UXP
In microwave frequencies like 5.8 gigahertz once you exceed certain power levels it will actually cause the fluid inside of your eyes to boil.
Cell phones that run on 900 megahertz only run about a quarter of a watt.
This is a awesome idea but very unsafe to your health.

Last edited: