Hobbyzone Supercub Best Plane EVER

earthsciteach

Cub is beast. But, the Sky Surfer/Bixler is an awesome choice, too. Either of those are good choices. Nice thing about the Cub is a DX5i radio.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Yeah- I think the new ones come with a Dx4e...

It depends how much cash you want to lay out.
One box or whatever too.
Hard to start out much cheaper than with a hawksky or bixler (RTF)

But long term bang for the buck my money is on the BnF Cub and a Dx6i- go that way and you will be set with a programmable radio that you won't outgrow for a while

BTW- you may not know anybody yet- but I almost guaranty that there are other flyers around. Get a plane up in the air and they'll find you :)

Fishbonez

Yeah- I think the new ones come with a Dx4e...

It depends how much cash you want to lay out.
One box or whatever too.
Hard to start out much cheaper than with a hawksky or bixler (RTF)

But long term bang for the buck my money is on the BnF Cub and a Dx6i- go that way and you will be set with a programmable radio that you won't outgrow for a while

BTW- you may not know anybody yet- but I almost guaranty that there are other flyers around. Get a plane up in the air and they'll find you :)

Oh so true so true and fair warning this hobby is as addicting as crack :black_eyed:

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Personally, I don't care for the gliders. I like the super cub because half of the fun for me is taking off and landing. Belly landing to me is BORING. Anyone can do it. I like the realism of taxiing and taking off and doing spot landings. The super cub is realisitic in that it looks like a lot of the cubs we have here in Alaska. That may be part of it, I enjoy the look and feel of bush flying in my back yard. My friends and I have contests with them. Who can land closest to a mark, take off or land in a small clearing etc. Having a plane with no landing gear seems to be a total waste for me. Here's a video of the May Day fly in we have here every year to see what I mean. This is a taste of what Alaska bush flying is and probably a big reason I love the super cubs so much. Sorry for the music it's not my video.

earthsciteach

Like cars without wheels that can fly and have buzz saws that chop significant chunks out of the opponent. There will be a forthcoming video.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
Sweet. I'm looking forward to that video. Here's from a couple weeks ago where a hovering 32" Extra caught the tail of a hovering UMX Extra 300 that got to close and was sucked into the prop.

2012-02-11_19-57-28_547.jpg