Hostetler Cessna 185 Build Log

OliverW

Legendary member
*warning inconsistent posting inbound*
Hi all. With my little bits of building time I have received i started on my hostetler cessna. I have both sides ready to be joined and will hopefully be doing that on Thursday
20210130_181643.jpg

OliverW

Legendary member
Got a some work done on the other fuse side. I just need to cut out a couple 1/4" balsa parts that national balsa forgot and I'll be back in business. Then I'll flip the side over and cut the bass wood pieces, and then we should be able to turn her 3 dimensional
20210217_200322.jpg

OliverW

Legendary member
I guess I will have more time to work on this one now. Had a wiring short in my yak... everything had worked prior to the short and nothing had changed. All of a sudden it sprayed sparks and killed $350 worth of electronics. Never doing big electric stuff again lol

BlockerAviation

Legendary member
Ended up having to remove all the cross braces. I was working off the top view, which is scaled down a bit, and I didn't realize it. So now I'm just working off the fuse cross sections instead
Can't say I haven't done something similar. When I was building my great planes extra, there wasn't a scale drawing of the fuse, needless to say, I almost built a 40 size version of a 60 size extra!