How do you put a prop on a motor?

Crunchybananas

Hi, so this is a bit of a beginner question but after a few days of searching online and trying myself I cannot figure out how I am supposed to attach the prop to a power pack C motor. the powerpack comes with some sort of nut that seems like its supposed to secure the prop down but it only screws on the very front leaving a large gap for the prop to move up and down. I tried filling the gap with included rubber rings but if I turn the throttle past about halfway it breaks. I am sure I am just missing some little piece of information.
Thank you!

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Hi, so this is a bit of a beginner question but after a few days of searching online and trying myself I cannot figure out how I am supposed to attach the prop to a power pack C motor. the powerpack comes with some sort of nut that seems like its supposed to secure the prop down but it only screws on the very front leaving a large gap for the prop to move up and down. I tried filling the gap with included rubber rings but if I turn the throttle past about halfway it breaks. I am sure I am just missing some little piece of information.
Thank you!
please please please post a video or a picture... pic = 1000 words video = 100000 words

Phin G

Elite member
Thank you!
You can just use a spanner to tighten it down really well and as Matthewdupreez said pictures are really useful

Tench745

Master member
Looks like the power pack C comes with a nylon locknut. It threads on easily until they nylon insert in the nut hits the threads, then the threads have to bite into the nylon. This takes a lot more force and is why the nut won't come loose once tightened. You'll need a wrench to tighten the nut down all the way.
If you're saying that you screw the nut on until there are no more threads on the shaft and there is still slop, something else is wrong.

Crunchybananas

Looks like the power pack C comes with a nylon locknut. It threads on easily until they nylon insert in the nut hits the threads, then the threads have to bite into the nylon. This takes a lot more force and is why the nut won't come loose once tightened. You'll need a wrench to tighten the nut down all the way.
If you're saying that you screw the nut on until there are no more threads on the shaft and there is still slop, something else is wrong.
Thanks! I didnt know that that was a nylon insert designed to take more force, And I assumed that I was doing something wrong.

danskis

Master member
This will probably get a strong response but I use a channel lock (very carefully) to hold the motor while I thread the Nylock on. DON'T put the channel lock on the can - put it on the cast aluminum piece in front of the can.